Sunday, December 6, 2015

Thanksgiving in Moab

Thanksgiving morning Jesse made his popular German pancakes (or as Cy calls them "Fluffy pancakes"). They are always a yummy hit.
 
Then we all pitched in where we could to help prep Thanksgiving dinner. Once that was all done we all got ready to go on a hike. The night before I was really wanting to just chill all day on Thanksgiving. But that morning I was glad to get out of the house and go hiking. Especially since it was a warm-wish day.
 
We met at the trail head and then Emily and I sat in our cars to feed our babes. Haha. Once they were done nursing then we started our hike up to Corona Arch. One of our favorites.
These three were in rock heaven.
It was a perfectly clear day. Eventually we were all sweating in our jackets and stripping down to the coolest thing we had on.
This is right by Corona Arch, but it's called Bow Tie Arch. Can you spot Ryker underneath it?
Our whole gang chilling under Corona Arch, munching on our snacks.
He looked so cute all bundled up.
K, I love this picture of all of us with Corona Arch in the background. Its the first family picture of our whole gang since the two new additions. We've certainly grown.
During the hike back down the little boys were taking turns getting shoulder rides from Jesse and Dad. I don't know why, but Jesse wanted to give me a ride while I was carrier Fynn. Oh I was so worried I was going to break him. I know he's strong, but I still haven't lost the baby weight yet and I'm just not feeling like I should be able to ride on anyone's shoulders. But he said he was just fine. I certainly made me nervous being up there. I don't know why, maybe because Fynn was attached to me? Anyway, it made for a fun picture though. Haha
Once we got back to the condo we finalized all the Thanksgiving food and we had a feast around the little table.
After dinner was all cleaned up, Mom and Dad had a spiritual thought they wanted to share with us. To remind us to be unified as a family. Even though we don't really have a problem with it because we all get along so well, Mike and Heidi want to make sure that we stay that way. And that we all love and accept each other despite our differences.

If I remember right I think we all hung out and watched a movie together the rest of the evening. Whatever it was I think we had the best Thanksgiving to date. I kinda wanna do it all over again.

This picture was a very common occurrence on this trip. Evie and Fynn managed to sync up their schedules. Which worked out quite nicely.

No comments: