Sunday, December 27, 2015

"Christ"mas {2015}

Christmas morning had arrived. Hooray!

To be honest, I was having mixed feelings about it. The past week or so Cyrus has been SO naughty. I honestly haven't even known what or how to handle it. I'm sure the build up to Christmas day had a lot to do with it. But still, I have never had such a desire to take a kids Christmas away and truly give him Coal. No joke.

But I thought once Christmas morning came everyone be happy and everything will be okay. Ha! In all my history of Christmas mornings, this was by far the worst. He most certainly woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I can't even recall what made him so upset, but he just was ONERY! Jesse threatened to take away one of his gifts (keep in mind that we hadn't even started opening anything yet, he had been awake for all of 10 minutes before we got into a fight with him).

Oh, I remember now what was bothering him. He didn't want to put his underwear and jammies on. Something so simple was causing such a problem. Well after much deliberation, Jesse took a gift from Cy's stocking and put it outside.

Oh boy, not only was Cy upset, now Ryker was crying too. What a morning. I just sat back in complete disbelief that this was how our Christmas morning was starting out.

Finally things calmed down and we said a prayer to help change to tone that morning. Which seemed to do the trick. From that point on we didn't have any problems from Cy.

We then read from Luke the Nativity Story. While we read I had the boys set up a nativity scene as each member was mentioned.

We then had a great morning.
They were very excited  and happy.
Especially Fynn. Haha. He's always happy though. Even though he looks worried in this picture.
Sweet little Ryker had made this card for us and wrote us this note. It reads...

"Dear, Mom and Dad
Merry Christmas I Love
you with all me heart!
I hope you have
a good Christmas
and I hope you have a
good life.
Love Ryker"

It was accompanied with a little gift that had $1.15 in cins. He's cute!

I just love this little baby. Oh I could just eat him up.

And this face. Oh, so happy that we could have him around that morning.
Around 9am, Mom & Dad and S. A. G. E. (Sterling, Andrew, Genevieve and Emily) arrived. It was snowing pretty hard, but everyone made it. It truly was a white Christmas.
My little Fynnick. Growing up WAY too fast.
Now that's a great Grandparent picture!
These 3 always have the greatest time together. Cousins are the best!

And these 2 will eventually have a great time together. For now we get excited when they finally make eye contact with each other and smile.

Jesse built THE coolest Lego/Toy Table for the boy's toy room. He's spent several days secretly working on it. They just love it! And it turned out so cool.

Isn't it awesome? I love that we have the extra storage for their toys. Plus they have half the take to use to play on the table top with. Jesse is genius!


After Jesse left for work at 11:30am, everyone else hung out until 1:30. By that point I had to get the boys ready, myself ready and bake cookies before we went up to the station to eat dinner with the Firemen. They were starting at 4:00, so my goal was to leave the house no later than 3:30pm. Well between all of those things and feeding Fynn, I didn't leave unlit 4:00pm. Sometimes I wonder why getting out the door take so much freaking time.

Before we left, I HAD to get a picture of all three of these handsome boys in their new Christmas sweaters. Again, such a struggle. I took several pictures and FINALLY a Christmas miracle occurred.... All 3 of them were looking at the camera and smiled! AHHH! This is a new favorite of mine.
When we finally arrived at the station we ate dinner. Because we were late, the guys ate without us. But that's ok. We were just happy to be there so we could hang out with Daddy.

Jesse took the boys out in the garage to play a little Ping-Pong with them while we waited for the Fire engine to get back from a call.
Our first family photo with our new addition in front of the fire truck. (The lighting was weird so I don't love how it turned out. But that's alright).
We hung out for a couple of hours and then it was time to go home. I let the boys stay up a little later than normal to watch a Christmas Show. Then it was time to call it a night. I was exhausted and ready to go to bed myself.


No comments: