Thursday, December 31, 2015

Aaaaand... I turned 30!

Sunday (12/27) we celebrated my birthday at my parents house. My mom cooked such a yummy Mexican (Café Rio styled) dinner. Everyone gobbled it up.
 
Opening gifts wasn't too exciting because everyone gave me money for a Garmin Triathlon watch that I want to get. I'm holding off for a little bit because I am hoping to find a sale on it.


 Jesse cooked Apple Crisp in his Dutch oven for my birthday dessert. It was scrumptious, as usual. Then the rest of the evening was spent talking and playing games.
 On my actual birthday I was anxious to find out what Jesse had planned for me. He said he had plans but he wouldn't tell me. Only thing he did tell me was that he was going to make me breakfast that morning. Which was very yummy.

After that I got ready and headed downtown to see Sandea. I had a follow up appointment for my IUD.

When I got home we just hung out for a bit. Then started cleaning up the house. Ryker and Cyrus were such good little helpers. One of the of the things I wanted for my birthday was a clean house. So they were helping give that to me. I even got most of the laundry folded and put away. It feels so good when the house is in order. I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders for a brief moment.

As he night was nearing I finally got some info from Jesse about plans that night. He told me he wanted to take me to Taggart's for dinner and then go Snow Shoeing. So Fun!

After Chan arrived to babysit the 3 boys, we headed up to Taggart's (which is up by
Morgan). Actually we stopped at SkiNsee to rent the snow shoes, and then we headed up to dinner.

I'm such a foodie. I always love a yummy meal. Especially when we go out to eat. Not always do I enjoy restaurant food because I'd prefer to eat a home cooked meal. So when it's actually cooked yummy I really appreciate it. This was my meal....
 ...and this was Jesse's.
 Trying to take a picture of ourselves at dinner.
 After dinner we drove back to Bountiful and we picked up some hot chocolate at 7-11 so we could have warm hot chocolate during our snow shoeing event. Yum.

The plan was to go hike the back side of Elephant Rock, which I believe is called Canyon Creek. To access it you have to go on a dirt road once the paved road ends. Well since it's the end of December it's no longer a dirt road, it's now a snow road. You could see that other vehicles had been on it before so Jesse started up it. I felt a little nervous about it, but over the years I have learned to just trust Jesse's off-roading skills.

About a 1/2 mile up, the snow started to feel softer and Jesse was kinda getting stuck. So he decided he better go back and we could just walk up that part. He started to reverse and got a little bit stuck, but not bad enough that he couldn't get out. Once he got out of that his rear driver side tire got sucked into the soft snow bank. And before we know it the truck is totally stuck. That rear driver side tire was buried.
 Trying to come up with a solution to get us out, Jesse gave up and decided we needed to call someone. And that someone ended up being my dad. Mind you it was around 9:30pm when we called him. He didn't answer, but called back within 10 minutes. When we told him what had happened he came up as quick as he could.

Nervous his suburban would get stuck in the snow as well, they ended up parking at the bottom and walking up to us (my mom came along too). Dad brought 2 snow shovels and we got to digging. It wasn't until 11pm that we were free.
 At this point we couldn't go Snow Shoeing anymore (frowny face). But we walked away from it with quite the memorable birthday date. The whole time we were trying to get out of the snow, we were just laughing about the whole thing. It was reminding us of the time when we were dating that he got us stuck in the mud while Jeeping. Good times.
So now I can say in the future "Remember that one time you took me Snow Shoeing, but got us stuck in the snow instead? Yup good times." Haha

It was kinda a bummer that we paid for the snow shoes but didn't even get to use them. I had never done that before, so I was really excited to try it. I hope I can get a rain check and we can try and go again.

Despite the opposition that night, we had a great date night. Jesse made turning 30 fun and adventurous.

Turning 30 seems crazy. But looking at my life right now I'm very happy and feel accomplished at where I am in life. I have the BEST husband any girl could ask for, 3 healthy, beautiful boys, a successful career, a nice big home with a great ward/neighborhood..... I could keep going. I'm very happy and grateful to Heavenly Father for all my many blessing.

Now lets start these 30s! I hear they are the best years!

No comments: