Sunday, December 20, 2015

Delicate Arch / Boys Bike Ride/ Haircut Marathon

Yes its the middle of December and I am still trying to write about our Thanksgiving trip. If we would have just been lazy bums there wouldn't be so much to talk about. But instead we had to go and be all active and do stuff. Haha. Just kidding. I love that we did so much, even though I came home from the "vacation" completely exhausted. I shouldn't call it a vacation. It's more like a trip. Trips are with your kids and vacations are without. Don't get me wrong, I had a GREAT time. Just it's exhausting getting these 3 boys out the door for adventures.
 
Anyway on that Saturday {11/28/15} we decided to go hike Delicate Arch. Ryker had been begging to go hike it. He seemed to have remembered hiking it when he was younger. So we decided to go. Take in mind that the high was 35 degrees (brrrr). But we braved it and hike our way up all bundled up.

I had to take this picture of Cy when he was in the middle of a pouting fit. I don't remember what ticked him off, but he wasn't about to move. He laid there for awhile. And I think he had his shoes kicked off too. It's the weirdest thing, whenever something upsets him he'll kick his shoes off. Matter of fact on the way back down from the arch he did this again. But that time he had his shoes, hat, and gloves all spread out around him. People walking by looked quite concerned. We joked that he was having a sale.
And then there's Fynnick just chilling in the Jeep pack all bundled up. He did so great handling the cold. I had him so bundled up that he could barely move.


Once we made it to the top we all sat down to eat our lunches and sip on some hot chocolate.We asked a lady to take our picture. First she took a smiley one then suggested a goofy one. I thought the goofy one turned out cute. I especially love Jesse and Cy, then cute little Sterling.

Proud mama's with their babes in tow.
We were missing T&T on this hike today. The wanted to stay back at the condo and relax. Which I don't blame them. Part of me had the same desire. But I was excited to go on this hike. It had been since Ryker was only a few years old that we had gone on this hike. So I was excited to take him to it again.
I just LOVE how this picture of our little family turned out. That arch is just stunning. It almost looks fake in this picture. Moab really is one of THE coolest places on earth.
We've always been to Moab when it was super hot. But never before had we been there with snow. I thought it was so pretty to see the red rock dusted with white. The pictures don't seem to do any justice.

 After the hike we called T&T and they met us at the head of the Moab Brands bike trail head. They were crazy enough to fit in a bike ride in the freezing temperatures. The original plan was for them to go all day while the girls stayed back at the condo with the munchkins. But since we decided to squeeze in an extra hike it didn't give them very much time to ride before the sun went down.
 Also I was planning on giving a hair day while the boys were riding bikes all day, but again since we squeezed in a hike that day we had a haircutting night.
 Everybody (except Fynn, Mike and Tayler) all got a haircut and/or color. After 6 hours of work into the night everyone looked so handsome/beautiful.

No comments: