Sunday, December 20, 2015

Christmas Shinanagins

 Here we are Dec 20th and I'm just barely talking about Christmas stuff. I feel like this December has gone by faster than any other Dec. I guess 3 kids will do that do you. Haha.

We got the Christmas tree set up the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. This year was a bit frustrating because I spet 2 hours trying to figure out why the top section of the tree lights weren't working. I gave up and went and bought new lights at Costco the next day. I then strung those lights over the existing lights and called it a day. While I was at Costco I thought I'd try out this mish ribbon stuff for the tree for a change. It makes it look so fancy. I love it.

The boys were just aching to get the tree decorated. So after I got the lights and ribbon on it I let them go to town on it. They did a pretty good job. Cy liked to put them mostly in the same spot. But I like it.
 I bought a little garland for the banister and also for the Mesh ribbon in there as well. I only have a few Holiday decorations that fit perfectly in our older tiny home. Buy I needed a few more things to decorate this bigger home. Over the years I can collect. I couldn't bring myself to buying a whole bunch of stuff.
 On Tuesday Dec 9 I went to the Zoo Lights at Hogle Zoo with Emily, her kids and Heidi. We've gone the past few years and thought it would be fun to continue that tradition.

 It was a decently warm night. Chilly but not freezing like it has been in the past years.
 
 They seriously have THE BEST Santa there. I think I say that every year. But he really is so sweet with the kids and has REAL facial hair. It's quite impressive.

I love our ever growing Cousin Bunch.
 Santa and the Mama's. haha
 
Is it sad that we haven't done anything else Christmasy since then? It's been the busiest December. I had all these thoughts of doing a bunch of Christmas activities with my little guys. Hopefully next year I can be better for their sakes. 
 

No comments: