Sunday, December 20, 2015

Taking the long way home

Sunday (11/29/15) we went to the Moab ward. I'll admit that I was having feelings of not wanting to go. The whole week had been so busy that I wasn't feeling up to getting my little family ready and out the door for 9am church. But I sucked it up and we made it. And I'm actually really glad I went. They talks were all so wonderful. I couldn't take notes fast enough.
 
After church we had to get the condo packed up and out of there. Which takes twice as long as you'd think. Haha.
 
Once we were finally on the road we had to stop at the big sand hill that just outside of town. The boys love it there. 
 It was a serious workout getting to the top of the hill.
 We only spent a little bit of time on the sand hill because Andrew wanted to take us to Little Wild Horse Canyon, It was a bit of a detour from our route home. But he really wanted to show us this hike. And I'm so glad he did. It was really really cool.





 As you can see from all of these pictures that the canyon was narrow and windy. Probably one of the coolest hikes I've been on. (T&T didn't join us because Tayler wasn't feeling very good, so they just drove straight home)

 The hike is a big loop, but we didn't have time to do the whole loop. Especially because it started to snow and we didn't want to get caught driving home in the snow (which happened anyway). When we cane upon this opening with this big rock, we took a picture and then headed back out.
 These 3 boys were having the time of their lives on this hike.
 ....and so were these 3 boys. Haha.
 At one point Cy asked for a shoulder ride from Jesse and I thought it was cute that he was trying to keep Jesse's ears warm with the hand warmers. He can be such a thoughtful boy when he wants to be.
 After the hike Andrew really wanted to take us over to Goblin Valley to play Hide and Seek.
 
Emily and I both needed to feed our babies, so the big boys went and played with the little boys while the girls (and Fynn) stayed warm in the cars. 


 Then it was finally time to head home. At this point it was now dark. And snowy. So the drive home turned into a bit of a scary drive. I was feeling so grateful for a warm truck and a safe driver toga et our family home safe and sound.

We made it home around 11pm and by the time we unpacked the truck, shoveled the driveway and got the boys in bed, Jesse and I were in bed by midnight. We were spent. You know you had a great trip when you come home completely exhausted.

No comments: