Sunday, December 27, 2015

Pre-Christmas 2015

With Jesse being on duty Christmas day, my parents wanted to find a time that worked with everyone's schedules to celebrate Christmas. And that ended up being {12/20/15}. Gave us 5 less days to prepare, but it still worked out. It was actually really nice to be able to spend a whole evening feeling unrushed to be to the next place. And then that way Christmas Day could be less hectic.
 
After church we hustled down to my parents. I was in charge of a green salad so I hurried and made that and we headed there. My mom had the table all decorated for Christmas and we ate a very delicious dinner.

After that we had a spiritual thought from T&J and then mom brought out these chimes for us to play Christmas songs. Lets just say we should all keep our day jobs. We weren't very good. But that's ok it was still fun.
 Once that was done, the unwrapping commenced.
Every year we draw names. Secretly. And every year whoever Tyson has gets a gag gift. I try to emphasis that he shouldn't give a gag gift. And because he had me (without me knowing that he had me) he made sure to pay me back for emphasizing "No GAG Gifts".

He hands me a gift to open and it's a book titled "Crafting with Cat Hair" Haha, alright. Thanks Ty, You're real funny. But before I know it he comes back into the room with a cat box and as he's carrying it over to me the box is shaking. I couldn't tell if he was doing it or if there REALLY was a cat inside. But then we hear from inside a quiet "MEOW". I look at him in disbelief and thinking to myself "How on earth am I going to hide the fact that I'm pissed he bought me a cat?"

I sat there for a good minute very hesitant to open it. But when I finally did I found his phone in there making the cat noises and my real gift inside. Haha. Man he got me good.

We all laughed about it for a really long time. Jessica especially. The after thought of recording it would have been awesome. I guess Tyson didn't expect it to go that well.





So thankful for my family. I love these people and couldn't raise my family if they weren't around. They are a great help and support to us.

No comments: