Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Maui Day 9 (Final Day)

Last and final day. Dang it. Thankfully our flight didn't leave until 9:53pm Hawaii time. So it gave us the morning and afternoon to get a last minute play time in the ocean before we had to leave. We decided we would just go snorkeling around Black Rock again because it was a short walk from our condo.


Trying to finish off as much of the groceries as we could before we left to go snorkeling. We tried to eat as many eggs as possible. We didn't want to waste too much food. We did end up leaving several water bottles and a half a gallon of milk. Maybe the next tenants will like that?

We walked over to black rock and got right in. I was feeling more eager than normal to get in. I think it was because I knew this was our last day and I needed to get my fill.

Again within minutes of being in the ocean we spotted a sea turtle, yet again. That means we saw some EVERY SINGLE TIME we went snorkeling. It's pretty awesome. I had dreams of swimming with them before and to see them this many times in a week was nothing short of amazing.
We made our way around to the "Blake Rock" and there were tons of fish. And a few people. Not as busy as last time we were there, but I think it was because it was earlier in the morning. I tried to practice diving down more that day. Jesse says the only way to get your ears used to it. So that's what I tried doing. Still I can't go down as far as he can and I feel like it's hard to hold my breath the deeper I go. 
 
We were kinda looking for a little thrill yesterday. When we were at Black Rock last week, we saw people jumping off of it. So we wanted to try it today. So Jesse started climbing up and I followed. It was tricky getting out of the water up on the Lava Rock and then walking on it barefoot was not pleasant on the feet. 

Jesse climbed to the highest point and jumped off. From down in the water it doesn't look that high, but when you are up there it really feels high. When I went I jumped from that lower part off to the left in the picture or Jesse's right.

Jesse and I both felt like a little nervous about me being pregnant and jumping off too high and something happening to the baby. Again, better safe than sorry. I stilt had fun though.

We stuck around for a little bit. Jesse jumped 2 more times and then we swam back to our side of the beach. I was feeling sad because I knew once I got out that would be it.

We hung out on the beach until we couldn't handle the sun anymore. Then walked back to our condo to eat some lunch. By the time we made it to our condo and warmed up our leftover Calzones from the night before I had reached the point of nausea and couldn't eat much. Thing with this pregnancy is if I wait too long to eat than I get sick. But once I eat I eventually feel better. But I had to lye down and take a little nap waiting for it to pass. Then I felt much better.

After I woke up feeling better we got our books and found 2 open lounge chairs up on the grass. So we were kinda in the sun, but not as hot as if we were down on the beach, We stayed there for a few hours before it was time to go get ready to go.

We needed to shower, pack, go to Safeway to buy some crackers, get some gas in the rental car, get some dinner, drop off the rental car, shuttle over to the airport and then check in. Phew. All work and no more play for us.

As we drove to the airport and I looked out over the ocean seeing the sun starting to set and I couldn't help but feel emotional that we were leaving. It really had been so much fun being there, I wasn't ready to go back to reality. I was eager to see the boys, but sad to leave such paradise. We have got to go back someday and take our boys with us. It would be so awesome.

We boarded the plane and was feeling ugh about a redeye flight. I don't do well anyway on redeye flights, and being pregnant makes it worse.  It was a long 4 1/2 hours to LA. But we made it. I don't think I slept hardly a wink. I was ready to lay down in my own bed. Even yet I wanted to just lay down in the isle to get comfortable.

It wasn't until we got to LA that I curled up on the floor and fell asleep for a brief moment before we had to board our final flight home. Thankfully this one was only an hour and 18 minutes. And because I was so tired I konked out before we really got cruising. I was grateful to get a little rest.

When we landed we got our bags and waited out by the curb for Heidi to pick us up. The boys were in the back seat and I got to snuggle in between them. We were all so excited to see each other. Ryker wouldn't let go of my arm the whole drive home.


When we arrived we gave Heidi her thank you gifts and the boys their souvenirs. This picture is of them wearing their Maui shirts we bought for them They loved them because of the shark and turtles that were on them.

Looking at this picture I feel like they aged a whole year while we were gone. Why is that? We were only gone 9 days. So why did they seem so big? Oh it almost pains me to think of how fast they are growing. But at the same time I enjoy it.

After Heidi left, Jesse and I crashed on the couch. Man we were feeling really tired. We had lost 4 hours of day time today. So we were really tired. We put a show on and the boys both came and snuggled up on both sides of me. They stayed there until I fell asleep. I loved that they didn't want to leave my side.

Jesse and I slept for about 2 hours. Then Jesse has spent the last few hours on the phone trying to set up days to get our new house inspected. I ordered a pizza and had it delivered while he was doing that. We have no groceries so I resorted to pizza.

I was cleaning things up a bit and the boys went outside to play. Before I know it Cy comes back in and says to me with the sweetest voice "Mama, come outside and swing whiff us. It's a nice day!" Ahhh, how can you say no to that.

We swung for a bit and then Jesse and the boys kicked the soccer ball around for a bit. Now we are headed to the grocery store and to Lowe's as a family. Haha.

It's good to be home. Now we are ready to move forward with the move that will happen around the end of April. Lots of fun change.

Next TUESDAY (April 7) we will be going to our 20 week Ultrasound and we'll get to find out what kind of baby I am carrying. I'm so anxious to find out.

No comments: