Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Last Night In Our First Home

All day yesterday we spent boxing up our house. And man is it alot of work. Also what a realization of how much we have. It's crazy. And quite overwhelming if you ask me. But we just worked hard and got alot of it done. Mike and Heidi came out and helped alot as well.  By the end of the night I was beat, but we still weren't done.
Today we were suppose to go sign papers to close on this house, but our realtor called us around 10:00am and told us it wasn't going to happen. Blah. So it got pushed back to tomorrow at 10:30am. So that's good.

But today I was feeling tired and rather emotional from this whole thing. I should be excited about it but I fought back the tears all day. I'm sure by the time I finish this post the water works dam will be broken and I'll be a sobbing mess.

I am not usually an emotional person, but for some reason I am today. We have made so many memories in this house that I'm finding it really hard to say goodbye. We started our family here and put so much work into it. Our hearts and souls were poured into this little home of ours, and it's really hard to close those chapters of our lives and move on to the future ones.

But for some reason opening up empty kitchen cabinets is where it really sparked my emotions. And the rest of the day I had moments where I felt it coming on and I just couldn't let it out yet.

We had guys from our ward come to help us tonight. Plus friends and family members. It was fantastic. The guys cleared this house up so fast. I was impressed and very grateful for their hard work and strong muscles.



As the house began to clear and the night began to fall I got the boys showered and ready for bed. The rest of the guys took the last load up to the house and everyone else went home. I was alone in the house. I went to check on the boys in their beds. Only thing left in their rooms were mattresses and their bedding. A wave of emotions hit me again with the realization that this will be the last night we sleep in our home.
Why am I having such a hard time with this? I should be so happy about moving. But I really am struggling with the whole process of it all. It makes me never want to move again. I'm sure being pregnant doesn't help. I just need to look for the positive in all of this. That should help. Right? In a few months this will all be past us.

Farewell to our first home. It's been so good to us. Looking forward to the future!

No comments: