Thursday, April 9, 2015

3 Boys!!!

The day we had been anxiously waiting for had finally arrived. AHHHH!!!!! We picked up Ryker from school and headed straight to LDS hospital where the appointment was set up for. We had to get there a little bit earlier to register and then wait for our name to be called.

A month ago when I had set up the appointment I had set it up after school hours so that the boys could go. They warned me that at that time there was a rule enforced that kids 12 and under were not aloud to be in the hospitals because of flu season. The receptionist said by the time my appointment came around the rule might be lifted. So I had prayed that it would be lifted and when I called the day before (Mon) they informed me that it had been lifted! Thank you Heavenly Father.
 
The boys were all really excited as we were driving down to SLC. On the drive down Ryker was asking us what we were all hoping it would be. Of course Jesse was hoping for a girl but would be happy with a boy as well. That was pretty much the unanimous vote in the car.
 
When we arrived at the hospital we had to do a little bit of waiting. I looked up at one point and saw this image. I got a kick out of it. Especially Cy. Ryker was reading his book for school and Jesse was playing on his phone. So Cy picked up a magazine and joined in. It made me laugh.

I would say though that we had about 90% of our friends and family vote that we were having a girl. Things about this pregnancy have been different that the other boys pregnancies and I only had a girl name picked out. So Jesse and I had started to convince ourselves that it was a girl.

Well we were all wrong. Right off the bat the technician saw that we were having a boy. And it just made me laugh because I was thinking everybody is going to be so surprised. Haha.

As we sat and watched our little guy moving around and the technician checking out every thing about his brain, heart, kidneys, bones etc., we couldn't help but feel excited about this little man joining our family. 
Do you see the "foot print" in this photo?
This one is him with his ankles crossed.  (On the left is the knees and on the right are the two feet, his ankles are in the shadow) Oh Ryker loved when we saw this, he made sure that the technician took a picture of it. So she did. She was so good with the boys. Cy really liked hearing the heartbeat, so he asked to hear it again and at the end of the appointment she let him hear it again. They were just tickled during the whole time watching the screen. I got a kick out of them.

This is the same picture as the one in the collage. But I just love it. His profile is perfection. It makes me so excited to see what he looks like in person. 
On the drive home I was asking Jesse if he was sad we weren't having a girl. I loved his response. "How could I be sad when we are being blessed with a perfect healthy boy? I would be very ungrateful if I was still wishing to have a girl. This boy is perfect."

I totally agree. I know we would have be happy either way. But it truly is a blessing from God that this little guy is perfectly healthy and I can't complain about that.

Now the thing is coming up with names. We don't have any picked out. Haha. Thankfully we still have 20 more weeks to figure that out.

No comments: