Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Flag Football

My brother Tyson is in charge of coordinating the flag football teams at the Rec Center. A few months ago he was telling me about it and mentioned that I should sign Ryker up. So I did. Actually Tyson did it for me since he's in charge of it.
 
Everything was all set up until the day we got home from Maui, I got a phone call from Tyson. He told me that the guy that volunteered to coach Ryker's team wouldn't pass the background check. Eek. So Tyson was in need of a coach for Ryker's team. He then asked if Jesse would be able to coach. So he agreed to do it.
 
The first game was cancelled due to bad weather. So the first official game the team got to play was this last Saturday. But Jesse had to work and so did I. So Mike and Heidi stood in for us.
 
Tonight was our second game and Jesse and I were able to attend. Ryker had so much fun on Saturday that he has been talking everyday how excited he was to play again. I was excited to watch him play and Jesse was excited to coach.
 

 

The team played really well, but they lost. They didn't care though. They all just had so much fun! Ryker was the biggest cheerleader on the field. He was so excited for each of his teammates when they did something well. I love his personality that makes him instantly love and make new friends. I really think that he loves to be apart of a team. Even if the team doesn't win a single game this season Ryker won't care because he is just having fun playing the game.

No comments: