Saturday, May 2, 2015

Official Owners!!!

Thursday morning we met at 8:30am to sign the closing papers on our new home. They originally thought we could sign on Tuesday afternoon, but the paper work wasn't ready in time, So it turned out to be Thursday instead.

That was the start of Jesse's 4 days off, so he has been working hard the last three days getting stuff from the garage and putting it through out the house. I have been working the past four days so I haven't been much help. I won't really get to help out until my days off on Monday and Tuesday. There is so much unpacking to be done I don't even know where to begin. It's quite overwhelming. But I'm sure it'll all come together.

It is hard for me to try and think about settling into that house when I want so much of it changed. I wish so bad that we could just remodel what we want done and then move in. But that's not really how it goes. So I'm just going to have to deal.

Tyson and Jessica stopped by Thursday night to check out the basement because we mentioned to them that we were thinking about making the basement into an apartment. The square footage of the basement is about 1400. So it's about double what they have in their apartment is right now. Anyway, they came to look and they really are interested in moving in. Sweet. It'll be great to have them as our first renters to test the waters out. Plus being able to have a little extra money coming in to help with some remodeling will be great.

Jesse plans to make it so they would have their own separate entrance plus close off the stairway leading upstairs. So that way they can have their own living space. Before that he is running a gas line from the furnace room up a floor and over to the laundry set up. Reason being is, we have a gas dryer and because Jesse will go to great lengths to save some money he is running a gas line so that we can use our current washer and dryer and not have to buy new ones. At first I thought the idea was crazy, but he'll be able to set it up so that in the future he can tap into that line for a gas fireplace and a gas stove. So there is so great reasoning behind going to all the effort of running a gas line through the house.

So that's it for now. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures for this post. I don't really feel like there is much to post besides a messy house with boxes all over the place. But I'm sure I'll have some soon. Probably a lot of before and after pictures as we start to make this house our home.

No comments: