Monday, May 25, 2015

The Past Week...

To start off with...Happy Memorial Day! Today Jesse and I both have it off and Ryker doesn't have school. So we were able to sleep in a little bit and then get to working on our house projects. Well kinda. Jesse got started and I had to fight the crowds at the grocery store and Lowe's. But before I get to all that I need to update about this last week.
 
Every spare moment we have is spent working on the house. Getting it all unpacked and feeling more like home. I had Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this week to work on things. Every time I would break down a box it was such a satisfying feeling to get rid of another one.
 
I haven't really posted any pictures of the inside of our home. But this is the living room. Its one of my favorites. I love how open it is. The loft above the couch is the kids toy room area. Another feature that I love....
 
 ....There isn't much too it right now. But eventually I want to make this really cute with storage shelves and just a place that they boys can go play. I love that I can hear them playing up there because of the openness of it. And I love that there is a designated area for the toys. So now they're room can be just beds and clothes. When I finish their room I'll post pictures of that. It's mostly done, I'm just waiting on a dresser that I ordered and a desk chair for Ryker. Then I'll post pictures.


The storage area in the basement is great. There is a lot of space for things that we need, but don't need it for everyday use. I was able to get that all organized and it felt good.
 
So what we really have left to un-box and get settled is our bedroom and the nursery. Plus all the projects we want to get started. The biggest one we want to start is our bedroom. Hence why we haven't bothered unpacking it yet. So we are sort of living out of a suitcase. Haha. I told Jesse that I really want our bedroom to be finished before the baby comes. So crossing all my fingers and toes that that can become a reality. While he's doing that I can at least work on getting the nursery all ready and give the boys bathroom a face-lift. (Oh you just wait to see the before pictures of this bathroom. It's comical). Hopefully the face-lift will go smoothly.
 
This last Thursday Ryker had a Local Track Meet.  At the last minute I realized it was up at Davis High not Vermont, so we had dinner on the go as we drove up there in rush hour traffic. Thankfully we arrived in time and he was able to get checked in for the events that he wanted to participate in. Which were; 50m dash, the 200m run and the softball throw. They were aloud to pick up to 3.
 
I was proud of Riker on the 50m dash because he took second in his age group. His form has improved a ton since last year, and I can tell he's still holding back. So I think he could be even faster. But either way I am very proud of him.
 
 He's the second kid in the blue shirt about to cross the finish line.
 
All of the South Davis Rec. Center kids got a participation medal. Ryker was SOOO excited about it. He said that he now has a medal just like Mom and Dad. What a cutie. I love that he wants to be like us. Makes me feel good. I hope that he'll always keep that desire. I worry for the teenage years when they start to not like mom and dad as much. Hopefully that won't happen with Ryker, but for now I'll treasure this time with him.

 So back to today... Jesse and I have plans to excavate the hill on the front of the house and turn it into something cool. First thing that has to go are the pine trees that are in the way. I tried to talk Jesse into hiring out my client's husband to come and take them down. I was going to do trade work again to pay for it, but Jesse insisted on doing it himself.

He started working on it on Saturday and then is finishing it up today. Our next door neighbor, Steve has been so friendly and came over to help Jesse out on both days. Today Steve is actually taking most of the trees with him. He says he wants the wood. And that will save us a few trips to the dump. He's so thoughtful.
 
 I was grateful that Steve was willing to come over and help because Jesse (bless his heart) has the hardest time asking for any help. He never wants to put anyone out and would rather do it himself. Which I think is a great attribute about him. But, in this situation I was so glad he had help so that nobody got hurt and the work would go by a lot faster.

They chopped that whole thing into big pieces and Steve hauled it away into his yard. I wonder if his wife if like "What the heck?" Cuz that's how I would feel. I wouldn't want to keep it, but he wants it all.
I am waiting for Jesse to get to a good point where he can take the sink out of the countertop in the boy's bathroom. I have plans on painting the awful blue countertop grey. Let's pray that it works and that it looks good.

Also, I need to take a picture but I thought I should mention it anyway. I am 27 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. With our bathroom and bedroom such a mess with boxes and such, I haven't dared take a picture of myself in the mess. But I just wanted to take note that I am now in my 3rd trimester. AHHH! So exciting and nerve racking at the same time. 13 weeks left. That's it. We were telling people we were pregnant when I was about that far along. But now that I only have that time left, I feel anxious to get things ready for his arrival.

I feel great though. Been exercising almost everyday and still able to do a lot of things. I don't really feel "pregnant" yet. Well I do, just not the horribly uncomfortable-ness you can get. I'm sure that'll come by the end.

Still no names. Ugh. Why is it so difficult the 3rd time around? Haha. It's ok I think it'll come. Just gotta work on it.


No comments: