Friday, May 8, 2015

New Home Update...

It's been 2 weeks since we moved out of our old home, and this whole time we are still sleeping at my parents. So it feels like I'm just living in a limbo-crazy-messy life when it comes to the house/home situation. Our goal is to have our beds and suitcases out of my parents house before they get home on Sunday evening. Which I think it doable. But I am just relying on Jesse because I can't be of much help with the mattress in my current pregnant state. I'm also hoping that he'll be all done running the gas line for the dryer and we can have the gas turned back on to the house. It's been very cold and rainy this past week, so there hasn't been a way to heat the house. Plus taking a cold shower doesn't sound too appetizing either. So living at 2 different homes is hard.
 
Monday I spent several hours cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, drawers, pantry and microwave. And can I just say how hard it was because the previous owners didn't take any care to clean anything out. Ugh. So I had to refrain from gagging and wanting to throw up when I started to clean things out. Every drawer and cabinet was lined with crumbs and such. 
 This cabinet was the worst. Piles of cornmeal(?) and popped popcorn. Thank goodness I found Jesse's ShopVac to just vacuum it out before I sanitized it with 409 cleaner.
 I found a couple of drawers that had little kid's drawings on the sides. It just made me smile because I could relate to having a mischievous little one.
It took me several hours to clean out the kitchen. By the time I finished cleaning it, I was totally pooped. So I saved unboxing stuff and organizing for Tuesday. I got almost all of the kitchen done (minus the pantry). I'm thinking Monday and Tuesday I'll be able to finish that up and then move onto the boys bedroom.

One room at a time. It's really hard and takes so much time, but over time it'll happen and it'll start to feel like our own.

No comments: