Sunday, April 5, 2015

Home Inspection

While we were in Maui our current home had the inspection done on it. After that happened the buyers came back and said they wanted us to have straps put around the water heater and the furnace inspected closer.

So on Thursday morning we had a guy come and inspect the furnace. As he wash looking at it we told us that it is 26 years old. Sheesh. We knew it was old, just not THAT old. The unfortunate thing is that the furnace is burning too high of BTUs. I don't know exactly what that means, but it does mean that it's too high to be running anymore. The possibility of Carbon Monoxide poison was pretty likely. Even though we had a carbon monoxide detector right next to the furnace the guy said that the CO doesn't leak out there, it leaks out into the vents and rises. So the smarter choice would have been to put the detector up high. Who knew?

Jesse and I were wondering if the cause of my everyday headaches were because I was getting CO poisoning. EEK. I thought they were pregnancy related, but they would get better as I would be at work and then I would wake up with one every morning. So I was probably breathing it in while I was sleeping and then waking up with a headache. Kinda scary huh?

The Heating and Cooling guy told us that he can't allow us to let this furnace run anymore. So it's off right now. Thankfully it's been pretty warm lately, so we aren't freezing in our home.

The guy quoted us for a new one. But Jesse decided to talk to his Captain at work that does Heating and Cooling on the side. His captain quoted us $800 cheaper than what the other guy said. So that'll be good.

He's coming tomorrow to install the new furnace and then we'll be back in business.

No comments: