Thursday, April 23, 2015

Our Final Goodbyes...

Yesterday morning we officially closed/sold (whatever you call it) on  our cute first home. So surreal. After signing the papers I had to go to work. But while I was working Jesse, his friend Kris, and my parents worked on the remaining of the house. My parents were so wonderful and cleaned the house from top to bottom. If anyone ever needs a good cleaning guy... call my dad... he knows how to do it right. 
 
Anyway, one of Jesse's plans yesterday was to get the chicken coop apart to the point that he could take it up to the new house. He's been saying it wouldn't be a problem. But I got a phone call from him while I was at work and he had bad news for me. I guess he built the coup alot stronger and sturdier than he thought. And he couldn't get it apart without destroying it. Hence his phone call... because by that point he said it was in pieces. :-( So the bad news was that we would have to find a new home for our 9 chickens.
 
All I could think about was that Ryker was going to be crushed.
 
I got home from work around 5:00pm and everyone was outside talking, My parents had just finished cleaning while Jesse and Kris were finishing up their projects. I said thank you to my parents and to Kris for helping us out all day. Honestly what a blessing it is to have family and friends willing to sacrifice their time to help us out.
 
I asked my mom to snap a quick picture of us in front of our First Home. (Looking at this picture makes me emotional, ahhhh).
After they left I walked decided to walk through the house. I didn't even make it 10 steps into the house before my emotional dam broke. Those who know me, know that I'm not an emotional person, but there was no way to fight back all the emotions I was feeling as I walked through our physically empty home that was filled to the brim with so many memories. Even the ones you'd want to forget seemed to fill my heart with joy.

Every room I walked in my crying got uglier and uglier. Especially when I went into the nursery. Oh man. All the memories of being up through the night, checking on sleeping babes, teaching them to pray for the first time, reading them bedtime stories... the list goes on.... I had to stop myself and move onto the next room before I completely fell apart.

When I left the house and went into the backyard I met Jesse with tears in my eyes. Then Ryker saw me crying and came and hugged me. Then he started crying.... I looked at Jesse and his eyes were red so he came and hugged us. So just imagine us in a group hug just crying on each others shoulders. It's kinda comical when you think about it. But at the moment we were just feeling the sadness and reality that we wouldn't be in that home anymore.

And poor Ryker was so so sad about giving our chickens to a new owner. My heart went out to him. We gave 6 of them to our next door neighbors and 3 to another neighbor. And Ryker just cried and hugged each chicken goodbye.  Cy was sad too, but not nearly as much as Ryker.

What an emotional and tiring few days we have experienced this past few days. It's been tough to handle, but we know that the Lord has guided us in this direction and so we know that what we are doing it right. Even though it feels really hard right now, I'm sure we will look back with fondness on this event. We'll be able to piece our lives and our home together to make new memories.

We'll build a new coup at our new home and in the Spring time next year we will get new baby chicks. That feels very far away (especially to a 7 year old), but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it.

Tonight will be the 2nd night at my parents home. I'm grateful how gracious they have been to let us stay with them. Especially since they are trying to sell their home still. Hopefully we won't be too much of a burden.

We are thinking that we should be closing on the new home on Tuesday (April 28). And then we'll have to get the house in order and cleaned. Because it's been vacant for months the power and water isn't even on. So we gotta get that figured out and then give it a good cleaning before we move everything from the garage into the house.

There is a lot of work ahead of us, but we will make the most of it.

No comments: