Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Maui Day 8 (Beach/Shopping Day)

After exploring the island and wearing ourselves out I was ready for a much needed bean day. Doing nothing but read my book and soak in that Hawaiian sunshine. So that's exactly what we did yesterday. I feel like a vacation should be balanced with both lazy and busy days.  Because we had such a chill day yesterday, this post is going to be much shorter than the last 2.

I might give an update about baby though. It seems like the moment we got to Maui I started to feel the baby moving a ton. On occasion Jesse has been able to feel a little movement as well.

Laying on the beach yesterday I could feel some movements and they were stronger than they had been all week. So strong that I could actually see them from the outside. It was pretty cool. Jesse even saw it. I thought that was a cool moment for us.

We got sick of being in the sun after several hours and headed back inside to shower and go do some shopping and eating in Lahaina. I love that a lot of these restaurants are right on the beach, so if you time it right you can watch the sunset while you eat dinner. It's my favorite.

 It's just neat to sit down and hear the waves in the background. I'm going to miss this.
 After an expensive and not worth the money dinner, we walked along the shops and did some shopping for our boys and babysitters back home. We feel like we can't show them how much we appreciate them taking care of Ryker and Cy while we are gone. Any gift we buy won't be adequate to show them our gratitude. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be able be here. So here's to good parents.

While we were shopping we came across a Hawaiian Shave Ice place. The line was pretty long. But it looked like it would be worth it. So we stood in line. And I was right, it was worth it.

We have one more day. I think we are going to try an get some last minute snorkeling in today. But then we'll have to pack and head to the airport tonight. We have a redeye flight (heaven help me). We want to play as much as we can before we have to say goodbye.


No comments: