Monday, March 23, 2015

Showings after showings..... and then..

This month of March hasn't been super exciting. We have had so many people come look at our house, which is fantastic. It makes us anxious because we hold on to the hope that someone will make an offer. Also we have been counting down to the day that Jesse and I left for Maui. Which is today. I am currently sitting in the LAX airport typing this. I figured I better give an update before I need to give a report on our Anniversary trip.

Friday night we were suppose to have someone come look at our house between 5:00-6:00pm. I was working till 6:30 that night so it was up to Jesse to get the house all ready and leave. Around 6:00 Jesse called me to tell me he didn't think that anyone had even gone to look at the house. I guess he drove by 3 or 4 times throughout that hour and never saw anyone in front of the house. I guess after he got off the phone with me he got a phone call from our realtor (Kristen) to tell us that the couple had been there to look at it, but the lock box wasn't working to allow them to get the house key.

So when I got home from work around 6:30 Jesse was prepping dinner and he filled me in about the conversation he had with Kristen. I guess they wanted to come back and look at it even though we were there. Haha, kinda weird.  But hey if they don't mind our dinner out on the counter then by all means, come on over.

We just hung out in the back yard while they looked through the house.

Fast forward 24 hours when we got a text from Kristen asking us to call her when we could. Jesse was at work and I couldn't get him to answer, so I just called her and she told me we had an offer. And it was from that couple that was there the night before. Haha. Crazy.

Their offer wasn't horrible, they had offered $500 above our asking price, but wanted us to pay their $5500 in closing costs. We decided that we would counter $2000 more than what they offered and still pay the closing costs.

All that paper work was sent to their agent yesterday before we left for family dinner at the Smith's house at 5:00.

No joke, on our drive there we get a call from Kristen that the couple had accepted our counter offer. WOW! Talk about a fast response from them. They are serious about it.

So it's kind of a relief that we have our house under contract before we left on our vacation.

As for the new house, we are still waiting to hear back from the bank's approval on everything. Technically they had 45 days to respond and today is the 45th day. Kristen said she would be surprised if they responded today. Which is guess is ok, especially since we have our house under contract.

Now we are just hoping the timing will work out so we can move out of our old house and into our new house all at the same time. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we had to stay at an extended stay hotel or something, but it would be a pain. But we will just do what we have to do, when the time comes.

Anyway, that is a quick little update. Our plane is starting to board so we better go. Next time I post, I will be posting in Maui. Ahhhh.

No comments: