Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"Four" real?


Cy's birthday really snuck up on me this year. I don't know if it was because of the house situation, or just February flying by too fast. My mom had called me sometime last week asking me when we were celebrating Cy's birthday. I told her "Oh probably the Sunday before his birthday." She then said to me "Um, that would be this coming Sunday.".... Oh ok. I guess I should let everyone know that. Haha. Thankfully everybody, but Tyson and Jessica were able to make it to our last minute party. Even Manda surprised us with a visit. I guess it's a good thing Cy is young enough to not realize my flakiness. Or even know when his real birthday is. So I was safe this year.
 
 
I was going through some old pictures of Cy to put on a poster board for his Preschool class this morning. And I couldn't help but feel kinda sad to see how grown up he really has become. He really was the prettiest baby. Biggest brown eyes you ever did see. I look at these pictures and wonder who this little boy is? I have forgotten him. So sad how quickly we forget. Seeing this newborn picture of him did make me really excited for baby #3 to come. I feel excited to have a new baby in our family again. 
Oh he's such a handsome little boy. But don't be fooled by those angelic eyes of his. Behind them is the makings of a mischievous and troublesome boy. Oh don't get me wrong, he most certainly has his sweet moments that melt my heart. But when he isn't being sweet, he's causing trouble.
Sunday March 1, was hiss birthday celebration. He was beyond thrilled to have everyone at our house and of course he was excited to open presents. I was laughing because we had all these little boys (Ryker, Cy, Sterling, Max and Arie) there together, and they were all dying to play with Cy's new toys he was opening. It was almost painful for them to sit back and just watch.
I love these 2 pictures of Cy. He was so into us singing him Happy Birthday. Then when he attempted to blow out his candles, he had to blow about 4 times to get all 4 candles out.
I was told by Heidi that Cy wanted a dinosaur cake. Huh. He never informed me of this desire. So thank goodness for Amazon Prime because I was able to find these cute Dino cupcake kits that came in time for the party. They were a hit. Everyone liked them, especially Cy.
One of the sweetest things on Sunday was Ryker realizing he didn't have anything to give Cy. So he wrote him a little message on a sticky note... Folded it up and wrapped it.

Just in case you have a hard time reading Ryker's handwriting his note reads:
Dear Cyrus
I hope you have a good birthday and I love being a big brother.
Love Ryker
Ryker will be a good example to Cyrus on how to be a big brother.

Today Jesse and I went to the last 30 minutes of his preschool class to present our little poster of things that Cy likes to do and some of his favorite things. Then they each got a Dino cupcake.

Another crazy thing today is that winter finally started to come. It was snowing like crazy this morning. We got about 5 or 6 inches of snow within an hour or more. It's kind of a bummer because we have really enjoyed the warm 60 degree weather. But we really need the water for this summer.

Anyway, I'm still in awe that 4 years have come and gone. I think in my mind I haven't let Cy grow up. Like he's still 2 years old in my mind. But no.....he's 4. Crazy!

Happy Birthday Cy Guy! We love you to pieces. Our family would be really dull without you in it.

No comments: