Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Fall Flag Football Season

Not only did school start, but so did football. Yay!!! And AHHHH!!!! Only reason why I say that is because it just makes us feel so busy. We went from simple summer schedule to 2 school schedules and 2 football schedules (which includes games every Tuesday and Saturday and practices twice a week for both of them). Now you see why I say AHHHH?!? 

But you know what? It's all good stuff so I wouldn't have it any other way. I like to call it "Beautiful Chaos." And even though it's so hectic I try really hard to enjoy it. Why? Because I have several clients that have older kids and they tell me ALL the time how this time in my life truly is one of the greatest and I need to soak it up. So I try. And I really do love it. 

How can I not? Look at these two in their football uniforms. So much fun. They both love the sport and it has made me love watching it. This fall season Cy is on the Raiders and Ryker is on the Dolphins. 
As usual I get to hang out on the side lines with this cute little man. Along with both sets of parents. Mike and Heidi and my Mom and Dad make it to every game. I love that they come. They are such a great support.
I think this season will be much better for Cy. His team is younger than the team he was on in the Spring so they are all about his skill level and size. And he's been listening to the coaches better than last season. He's still learning but it's going to be a fun season.
Ryker is quite the star on his team so far. He's probably the oldest one and he's doing really well. I love watching him. He's right there when the coaches call him. He really listens and takes their tips.

This particular game was very close. He had scored 2 touchdowns (but only one was counted) and was paying really hard. But still trailed by 1 point. Right before a play  I noticed him kneel down and realized that he was saying a little prayer asking Heavenly Father to help them win(he told me that part later). When I saw this my heart just exploded with joy seeing this happening. It's yet another example of how that boy teaches me everyday how to be a better person. God blessed our family with his tender Spirit and kind heart. He's truly a special kid and I love him for it.

No comments: