Monday, August 29, 2016

First Day of 3rd Grade & Kindergarten

The Sunday before the first day of school Ryker wasn't feeling very good. He was complaining that his stomach was hurting and he didn't really eat dinner. I was just thinking that it was nerves for the upcoming first day of school. But when he woke me up in the middle of the night because he needed to throw up, I knew it was more than nerves. Then I started to worry this was the same bug that Fynn had. Which lasted him about a week before he stated to feel better. So I'm thinking that him and I would be up throw the night throwing up. So I changed my alarm to go off later than  I had originally set it, thinking we wouldn't be going to school. Well he fell asleep on the Chase Lounge in my room and slept until morning. When my alarm went off it woke the two of us (Jesse was at work). Ryker acted all peppy and really wanted to go to school. So I got everyone up and we got ready to go. But as the morning went on he wasn't feeling it. But I still decided that I should take him to the school and at least talk to his teacher and the office. I had never had a kid sick on the first day of school, so I wasn't really sure of what to do. 

The drive down to the school Ryker totally fell back asleep. The poor thing. 
I walked him into the school so I could talk with his teacher. But I still had to get his "First Day of School" Picture. He's fighting the yuck to smile for me.
Thankfully when I talked to his teacher she said that he wouldn't be missing anything that day. Just "Get To Know You" activities. But he pretty much knew everybody in his class so he was good to go home and get some rest.

He was feeling all better by the next morning so he was able to finish out the rest of the first week of school.

During this past week Cyrus was patiently waiting to start Kindergarten. I thought he would start the same day as Ryker, but when I found out that he had to wait an extra week, I felt bad telling him that we had to add 7 extra days onto his count down.

This morning he was so excited to finally go. I think he was the most cooperative he's ever been in the morning. Haha.

I wanted to walk him in so he knew where to get settled in his classroom. As I was seeing these two boys walking into the school together my heart just shattered. I loved seeing them matching in their uniforms.
It really doesn't feel like it was that long ago that Ryker started school, and now I have two of them going. Look ho grown up they look? When and How did this happen?
Once he found his spot in the classroom I was able to leave him along with a little piece of my shattered heart with him.
His teacher has a TREMENDOUS reputation that makes me very excited for Cyrus.She told me that the trouble makers are her favorite, so her and Cy might just become best friends. Haha. No I'm kidding I really feel like she'll have the capability of figuring out how he needs to learn. And that what he needs.

No comments: