Monday, August 15, 2016

I live for my family

This past week has been quite eventful. I think we had something going on every night. Which I love before school starts again. Speaking of, it starts 1 week from today and I don't feel ready. It's going to be rough transitioning into that routine with the boys. We have been playing and staying up way too late every night and they are not used to going to bed early yet. So the first time I have to wake them up Monday morning. 

Anywho, before I get into what we did for this past week I wanted to post this picture of Jesse and I from a few weekends ago when we went on a date for the first time since May. Eek. We need to better about that. Especially now that I 'm done breastfeeding, we really have no reason why we shouldn't be able to go more often. Temple dates nights need to start up again.  
A week ago Sunday we went to the Smith's to have dinner with Matt Bohm and his family. Matt is Heidi's brother who lives in Kansas. Him and his wife Lisa have 4 kids. 3 boys and 1 girl. Well their 2nd son is starting Graphic Design School at BYU next week. So they drove out here to get him started and settled there. And while they were here we got to hang out with them.

Before we left for dinner Ryker requested that we all wore our new matching Ogden Firefighter Association shirts. So of course I needed us to capture that moment.
Last Sunday was a good Sunday as far as church goes. We all made it on time to church and the spirit was just present. I guess it's always present but it was just so good to truly feel it. Sometimes there are Sundays where you feel just overwhelmed about getting to church on time and while I sit there in Sacrament meeting I don't feel happy to be there. Just guilty. But this week the boys were all really good while we were getiing ready. Everything went smoothly so when we arrived in Sacrament Meeting we were all happy. And it felt so good to sit. Be Calm. And feel the Spirit. Stepping away from our busy lives for 3 hours and letting my spirit soak up the goodness. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that when I got home I was feeling so good. It was a much needed Sabbath Day.
Wednessday we went to the Lake again with my family. One last hurrah for the boys. We wanna go again in Sept. But there wont be any kiddos coming so that'll be enjoyable. This time is was onlt my parents and our little family. Chan has started Massage School and Ty and Jess were working, So it was more of a chill day.

This picture though. These 4 boys are MY WORLD! They all have my heart just turned to mush for all of them in their own special way.
Fynn got the biggest kick out of holding the flag. That big smile of his never gets old.

Last time we went boating Jesse didn't get the opportunity to slalom ski so he was excited to take advantage of some nice water. And he always kills it out there.
We worked again on trying to get Ryker to stay up on the skis. And he was getting better, but just having a hard time staying up. My dad is thinking that next time he wants to bring the bigger set of skis that they have for kids and that'll help him. He's got the getting up down. Just staying up is what's messing him up. But he'll get it.

We tried to get Cy to ski but he wouldn't have it. He wouldn't. He cried a ton and Jesse gave up.

It was finally my turn and at that point the water was stirred up to much it was hard to find some good water. But my dad did a great job finding me good water. Once he did I was able to get some fun jumps in. Then me trying to me cool (and being influenced by Jesse) I tried to attempt a 360. And Failed. Miserably. And don't worry Jesse got it caught on video. Lucky me. Haha. Everytime I watch it I feel how painful it was.

That night we met up with The Smith's and The Bohm's. They showed up at our house and we led the way above the B to go have tinfoil dinners, target/shooting practice and smores. So from Lake Side to Mountain Top we were getting our fill of our day that day.
The whole gang of Smith's and Bohm's.

I have been really nervous of shooting Jesse's handgun for a really long time. And that night I finally got the guts to do it. I was feeling scared at first but by the end I hate to admit it, but I kinda liked shooting it.

I love this picture of our family up in the mountains. They truly have me feeling so loved and so blessed.
K, so a few weeks ago I mentioned to the boys that we should read The BFG together, and then go see the movie of it that just came out. So we have been reading it. I never read this book when I was younger, mostly because I didn't like to read. So reading it with the boys has been quite bonding to discover the story together.
Well Saturday night we went and saw the movie. We literally finished the last chapter right before we had to leave. The boys had never been more excited about going to see a movie than this one. And I loved that I got to experience it with them. I also loved that on the way home we got to talk about the movie and compare it to the book and how it differed.

We were bummed that Jesse and Fynn couldn't make it. Fynn woke up that morning with throw up all over him and he continued through the rest of the day. But I'll post about that in the next one. Jesse was sweet to offer that he would stay home with Fynn so the boys and I could go and see this movie together.

What a fun week. It has been a fun way to start to wrap up things before school starts. Where has the summer gone? I don't think I like it. Even though we haven't gone anywhere for the summer I feel like we have made it a fun one at home. 

No comments: