Sunday, September 4, 2016

And like that, He's ONE!!!

Isn't it crazy that this baby is now ONE? I think so. What's the weirdest part about the whole thing is that it feels like a life time ago that he came into our family. I really have a hard time imagining our family without him  now. This past year has been such a joy having him around. We all love this little man so much.
I started this when he was a month old and was so excited to be able to finally put them all side by side. Month to month he has changed so much. But you can still see that his smiley self hasn't changed one bit.
We threw a big party today and it turned out SO GREAT!!! I started planning it only a week and a half ago because his birthday snuck up on me. But thankfully I was able to pull it all off. When I sent out a group text invite to all our friends I didn't expect a whole lot of people be able to come because it is Labor Day weekend. But to my surprise I had quite the response of confirmations. By the end of the day I had 55 people (kids and adults) coming. It got me really excited. I mostly wanted to have a big end of summer party with everyone that we love. Especially since we have been working so hard on the yard, we wanted to show it off and share it with everyone.

The cool thing was that almost everyone was offering to bring some type of food for the party. So by the end of the day I had food assignments made and everything was ready to go.

Next were the decorations. I have this client that is a balloon artist that I had used for Ryker's Baptism dinner. So I called her up again and we talked up a trade and I showed her what I was planning for the colors and theme. So when she brought the balloons today I felt like that's what brought the party together.


I had made this #1 Banner out fo fabric and 5x5 photos of Fynn the past year. And it turned out so great. Cheap too. I thought it looked so cute next to the balloon columns Jessica made.
The cake and cupcakes I ordered from Parsens. Didn't it turn out so cute? Thanks to Pinterest for the idea.
Trade #2 came from another client that makes sugar cookies on the side. I contacted her and she was up for it. I asked for a dozen #1s and a dozen elephants. The detailing on them was incredible. It was just that last touch I needed for the party.
As guest arrived I had them each take their photo next to the Banner. I wanted to document everyone that was there. I unfortunetly didn't get a picture of everyone. My friends Bria and Jessica from the salon came. Jess brought her family and I didn't get their pictures. Along with my Aunt Rose, her daughter Sami and a good friend of mine, Angie. But the rest I got.

Top Left to Right: Tanner Family (they are in our ward), KayTee & Kendall (Jesse's cousins), Chan and her friend Brev.
Andrew and Emily's family, The Parentals on both sides, and the Yates Family (friends from our old ward)
Hutchings Family (I went to highschool with Court), Tyson and Jessica's growing family, and Kris and Keya's family (Jesse works with Kris)
Our yard is just so perfect for stuff like this. I just love it.
The weather held out for us too, we were feeling a little worried that it might rain. But it was just overcast and very pleasant.

All the kiddos just loved running around the yard and playing on the playset. The adults could enjoy themselves and the kids could be wild and crazy and out of our hair.

When the time came for the cake Fynn went right for the elephants balloon. I thought it was edible because they said that the elephant would be made from rice crispy treats, but found out that it was Styrofoam covered in fondant. Oops. He really only sucked the outside anyway.
From that point he started to  get into it a little bit more.poking his finger in it.
Eventually just made a mess. He really didn't eat it. Just played with it. Made me wish that I wouldn't have given him the whole thing from the get go.Not that I expected him to eat the whole thing. But that I should have cut up the cake to serve and given Fynn one of the cupcakes. Oh well, hind sight is always 20/20. It started out that I wanted to get a picture with him and his cake together but then he started to go at the cake.
Chantel helped clean Fynn all up so we could do gifts next.
I eventually had to help him. Which is a given since he 1 and never really done this before. Wait jsut kidding, there was Christmas in there. But he was only 3 months old at that time.

Anyway, by this point everyone started to filter home. Which I understand. They all gave us loves and hugs. And I gave them all big thank yous.
We felt so loved and supported from all our friends and family that showed up so much love and support today. This Babe has brought us so much Joy over the past year that we were so happy to share him with everyone that came. What a great day!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FYNNIE!!!! You are loved more than you will ever know. 

No comments: