Wednesday, September 7, 2016

One last Boating Day

Today we got Heidi to take care of the older 2 boys after they got out of school so we could have one last day of boating. I was excited because the September months of boating because the kids are in school so nearly nobody is on the lake. And it usually stays glass all day long. And I got to spend some one on one (ish) time with Jesse.
It was colder than we had hoped but the water was beautiful. Jesse had a great run on his slalom ski. And he looks good while doing it too.

Fynn insisted on being the flag holder. It would make it a little upset if Grandma tried to take it away.
And then driving with Grandpa was a must. Haha
After we each took a turn in the water (which was way colder than we were used to, especially after going and sitting in the windy boat) we found a spot to anchor the boat and eat lunch. I felt like I couldn't warm up. All I wanted to do was lay on the back of the boat and thaw out. Which is exactly what I did. We all ate lunch and I eventually fell asleep. Haha. I didn't think I was tired but it felt good to get some Vitamin D during my nap. It was so enjoyable to just hang out for the next couple of hours. A small moment to ourselves. Much needed. 

No comments: