Sunday, November 30, 2014

Much to be Thankful For...

Thanksgiving this year was quite wonderful. It certainly was a weekend I was looking forward to for several weeks now. Let me take you through it day by day. 

Monday through Wednesday I had to work, but Jesse had those days off, plus the three following days. It's so nice that his 6 days off fell over Thanksgiving week. The 3 days that I had to work were super busy. I worked late every single one of those nights. I am grateful that I have been blessed with a successful clientele. But I have to admit that it's rough working late like that, especially when Jesse is home. I just wanna be home with my family and have dinner together. But it's also nice that Jesse is home and I can be comforted to know that the boys are with him and being taken care of. So it's a very conflicting thing for me. So you might see why I was looking forward to the Thanksgiving weekend. Family time. 

First thing Thanksgiving morning I made sure to get up early and go to the gym. One of the things I am thankful for is my health and strength. 3 1/2 years ago when I started into this stuff I never knew what a fire it would ignite inside me and become my life. I love it. 

I am also thankful for good friends and a group of fit poeple to storm a 2 hour-sweatfest-Thanksgiving- workout with. It was the perfect way to start my day.
That afternoon we went over to my Grandma Schrader's house to eat with my side of the family. We have done this for as long as I can remember. Actually I remember when I was a little girl (probably teenage years) going over to her house to help her cook and prepare Thanksgiving dinner. Good memories, So when we arrive and I see everything all set up and ready I couldn't help but feel gratitude for her and all her hard work. My contribution of homemade Artisan Bread seemed so minuscule.

Of course I can't help but feel so thankful for these two munchkins. Oh how I love them so much. But who couldn't love those adorable faces? There is something about motherhood that you can't explain to someone that doesn't have children. It's the hardest and most rewarding thing a woman will ever do.
OK, come on now. Look at this husband of mine doing the dishes. Did I get lucky or what? There is something about a man doing the dishes that speaks to a woman. My grandma told me later that she really appreciated his help cleaning up. This is just one of the many examples that makes him the greatest person I know. I could write a novel about all of his positive attributes and characteristics. But I won't right now, so I just have to say that I am beyond Thankful for an amazing husband.
Before we had to dash away to our next stop we took a quick picture of our family. I felt bad that Grandma and Grandpa couldn't be in the picture. But know they were there behind the camera. I am very Thankful for Family. There is a reason that the Family is the center of God's Plan. And I love that. I would do anything for anyone of my family members. I love them all so much!  Almost too much at times that it comes across mothering. haha. Sorry guys.

We met Jesse's family at the theater near Mike and Heidi's house to see the latest kid's movie. "Big Hero 6". I had heard from alot of people that it was a really good one. So I was excited to go with the boys. Tyson and Tayler couldn't make it but everyone else was there. The boys were especially excited to see Sterling. Those 3 are so funny together. They always get SOOOO excited to see each other.

The movie was really good. Disney did it again. There was a really sad part near the end of the movie that made Ryker cry. And I'm not talking about getting a little-choked-up kind of cry. I'm talking Crocodile-tears-pouring-down-his-face kind of cry. He laid he head on my shoulder and just sobbed. Oh my heart was breaking. It was an emotional point of the movie that if I was by myself I wouldn't think anything about it. But having my son sobbing on my shoulder made me cry too. It was a touching moment. One of those things I love about him is his tender heartedness (is that a word?).

After the movie we headed to Mom and Dad's place to have dessert and play games. We stayed late, so the boys spent the night.

The next morning (also known as black Friday) Jesse and I went to the gym together (doesn't happen very often so I love when it does), to maybe make up some of the Thanksgiving over indulging we enjoyed the day before.

We then went home to shower up and pack for our overnighter in Park City that I had planned for us. I stumbled across a deal for a nice hotel on Groupon. So I decided it would be fun for Jesse and I to have some time together. I find it very important to still nurture our relationship outside of being parents. If we don't have that foundation for our marriage and our family I believe that things would fall apart.

We thought that while we were there we would do a little Christmas shopping. It only lasted a few hours. Mostly because we had movie tickets to see the lateset Hunger Games movie , but also because we were getting sick of the crowds. The combination of Black Friday and the Outlets, made for long lines and a big crowd. I'm sure it wasn't as crazy as it was when the Black Friday started at 6pm Thanksgiving day. Which I find rediculous! Thanksgiving is a time to be with family, but people get wrapped up on the latest deals. In my eyes I don't think it's worth it. I would rather make memories with my family than worry about getting a good deal on some electronics.

Anyway, off of my rant about Black Friday. The Hunger Games: MockingJay movie was pretty good. I read the books and I didn't care for the third book so much. So I was feeling the same way about the movie. It was really well done. So I don't know what it was about it that didn't speak to me. But that's ok, I was just happy to be with Jesse.
After the movie I looked up some Sushi Restaurants on the app Yelp. Technology really is so cool. I love that I can search for a type of restaurant and see pictures and reviews of  different restaurants near us. With that we were able to find one that had great reviews. So we tried it and we were very happy with it. It was really good. I love that I can enjoy Sushi with Jesse now. 10+ years ago when we were dating and he took me to a sushi restaurant for the first time, I was totally grossed out by it and ordered chicken. haha Well now I love it. There are some things that I still struggle with (like the seaweed) but it's getting to a point where I don't mind it. So I'm thankful for the chance to change my pallet and try new things.




We then drove to our hotel up in Deer Valley. It was called the Chateaux. And talk about a beautiful hotel. Funny thing is Jesse and I had stayed there a year ago for his birthday. So it was kinda cool that the Groupon deal was to the same place.
The rooms are just stunning. There was even a fireplace. Heck ya!
We just spent the night relaxing in the hot tub and hanging out in our quiet room together. It was Heavenly! I'm Thankful for the opportunity to enjoy such luxury!
Morning came and we had to say goodbye to our nice room and head off to breakfast. We thought about going to the restaurnat across the street from the hotel, but found out it was really fancy dining and we weren't in the mood to spend $40+ for breakfast. So we went to Squatters downtown Park City. Which was really yummy and affordable.

On our way to the Smith's we stopped by Fashion Place Mall to do a little shopping and some browsing.

When we arrived to Mom and Dad's the boys welcomed us with their bright faces and big hugs. It's nice to get away as a couple, but it's also nice coming home to happy boys that missed us.

The plan for Saturday was to have our own Thanksgiving with Jesse's family. So that afternoon I helped Heidi prep for it. Which I find very enjoyable. We set the table using her Grandma Arta's China dishes.

Once everybody arrived we all sat down and enjoyed a delicious meal together. Dad had each of us go around and say one thing that we were thankful for. Only one? That's really hard. But I decided to share that I was Thankful for good in-laws that love and accept me for being me. It's a blessing that I can be with them and not feel awkward or uncomfortable around them.

I'm sad to see this wonderful weekend come to a close. I really do have so much to be Thankful for and I only touched the surface of it in this post. But it's my hope and prayer that I can keep an attitude of gratitude all the time. Especially as we are going in to the Christmas Season.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: