Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tuesday: Day 4 (10/21/11) San Diego Zoo

You can't be in San Diego and not go to one of the best Zoos around. San Diego Zoo is just HUGE. It puts our Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City to shame. I admit I get a little bored at Zoos, but this was actually a really fun day. They have so many animals there, it's amazing that they can take care of them all. I was fascinated by the Koala Bears. It brought back those childhood memories of wanting to hold one so bad. They just look so cute and cuddly.



The boys of course were looking forward to going to the Zoo. They both are at a great age for this. And really the reason we go to the zoo is for the kids right? We live through their enthusiasm and excitement.

I think I dare say that this was one of our favorite stops. This Gorilla was really funny. She seemed to know it and put on a show for everybody watching her. Jesse made me laugh because he turned on the selfie camera on his phone and put it right up to the glass for the Gorilla to look at herself. And she totally did. It was funny.
Kind of a fun picture of our whole gang. They had things set up like this all over the park. Ones with the Pandas, another by the Giraffes. And of course they pressure you into taking a picture so you'll wanna go buy them. But funny thing is they were totally willing to take a picture with our own cameras. Which didn't make sense to me that they'd do that because then I didn't care to go buy the ones they took. Not that I really would have bought them either way. It's just that if I were a person who usually buys something like that, I would become reluctant to buy theirs when they took one with my camera. Just thought it was nice of them to do that for us.
We miraculously made it through the entire park in one day. Some say it isn't possible. But we did it. And we could feel it. Heidi bets we walked about 10 miles. And it's not all flat either. The park/zoo is in the shape of a bowl. So when you are in the middle and want to see the stuff on the outskirts, you gotta trek out of there. It's quite the workout. I was feeling tired by the end of the day...so I can't imagine how tired the boys were. It would have been cool to wear my GPS watch all day just to track our walking distance. Next time I'll know.

We thought it would be best if we saved the Kids-Land near the end of the day. We knew if we didn't wait until the end, then we would have been stuck there the remainder of our time there.

They have a section where these cute goats and sheep are just wandering around and you can pet them and play with them. Imagine the state of joy these boys were in because they could actually pet these animals. It was really fun for me to watch them interact with the goats.
Especially Cy. I ABSOLUTELY love this picture of him. It speaks louder than any words I could write. All the joy and exctitement is written all over his face.

By the time we left the zoo we were all tired and hungry. I googled searched for a good and fresh Mexican restaurant and found one down town San Diego. It got great reviews online but when we pulled up we started to question it. The outside wasn't too promising, but we braved it. And I am glad we did. It was really good and the portions were huge. I could barely get through a third of my Chicken Fajitas.

We made it back to the condo and we had a little bit of time relaxing before we needed to send the boys to bed. The boys loved having Grandma around. And what better way to relax than to relax in Grandma's arms. 

No comments: