Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Birthday Bash at 34

The day after we got home from our family trip it was Jesse's birthday. Yay! He's 34! Crazy. When we were married he was 24 and that 10 years has flown by ridiculously fast. Even though he doesn't seem a day older than when I married him, I love the man he has grown into. He really is everything a son and/or wife could ask for. 

For Example: After vacation my schedule at work gets really crazy. I have to pretty much make up for being gone, which results in working extra hours there. That takes away from my duties at home. Thankfully Jesse still had 10 days off of work so he was willing to take care of the boys and the house work for me. No joke I would come home from work and see that he had folded all of the laundry, done the dishes, helped Ryker with his homework,  had the boys in bed. I mean, really? There aren't very many men that would do all this. How did I get so lucky? It was great that I could come home from a long day on my feet and be able to relax in a clean home. Oh he's just wonderful. And this only scratches the surface of the kind of human being that he is. 

Another thing that I just love about him is his ability to counsel. So many times I have gone to him with my troubles, mistakes or a heavy heart and he knows what to do to help me feel better about the situation I'm in or feel better about myself. He helps me see the good in myself. 

Anyway, I better stop bragging about him before my heart bursts and I break down in tears of gratitude. 
The day of his birthday we went to church in the morning then we drove down to Craig and Alexa's apartment in Provo. They had invited us down for a "Linner". Even though it is a bit of a drive it was so good to see them. I just love them.
Fall was very evident at their place. So after we ate our yummy "linner" we went outside to play. Before we knew it we got in a leaf fight. It first started out with a little throwing but it turned into a "Who-can-shove-the-most-leaves-down-someone-else's-shirt?" Game. Haha. We had leaves in places I didn't think possible.
In addition to making us a yummy "linner", Alexa also baked a pumpkin pie for Jesse's birthday. 34 candles lit up on that pie was quite a sight. It's a good thing Jesse is a fireman, just in case anything crazy happened. The funny thing with the pie was that it was still kinda warm when we put the candles in them, so the pie actually melted the wax off the candles. So there were 34 waxy holes throughout the pie. Haha. Thankfully Lex had made 2 pies, so we ate the untarnished one.
Our few hours we had to spend there felt like only minutes. It was time for us to head to the parentals to carve pumpkins. So we said our goodbyes and headed back to Bountiful.

These were the results. (From left to right: Dad, Chantel, Ryker/Mom, Mine, Tyson and Jesse)
Monday (10/27) I took Jesse to a matinee movie while Andrew watched Cy for us.  We had plans to go to lunch and a movie, but there just wasn't enough time to fit all that in before Ryker got out of school at 2:30. So we decided we would all go to lunch together as a family after we picked up Ryker from school.

Then that night Jesse's friend Dave Osman invited us to go to dinner with him. His birthday was a few days before Jesse's, so Dave wanted to take us out to celebrate. We thought that was really thoughtful. Well when we found out he made dinner reservations at Ruth's Chris we felt like we couldn't accept. That place is REALLY expensive and we were feeling bad that he would be paying for it. But he insisted. So we went. And it was REALLY good!
(Thankfully Andrew and Emily were gracious enough to watch the boys for us again).
Since it was both Dave and Jesse's birthdays they both got to pick a dessert from the menu. Jesse picked the Banana Cream Pie and if I remember right the filling had white chocolate with the banana flavor. And of my gosh was it AMAZING. Jesse and I don't usually like Banana Cream Pie but I wanted to eat the whole thing (on top of my little dessert that I got with my meal) but I didn't want to look like a pig in front of Dave. haha.

We were so grateful that Dave took us out for such a nice dinner. We had such an enjoyable time. That might have to become a once a year tradition.
Tuesday night(10/28) was the night to celebrate with the family. Since we just got home from our trip, I felt like our house was in too much disarray to have people over. So I wanted to make things easy and have everybody meet at Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I brought pumpkin pie for everyone (Jesse's favorite) to have after they ate.
Texas Roadhouse is a little bit cruel with their birthdays. They bring out this saddle and make you sit on it while the server yells at the top of her lungs something along these lines.... "Attention everybody in Texas Roadhouse, I have Jesse here and on the count of three can I get a big yee-haw? 1-2-3....." then everybody yells "YEEE-HAW!!!" Ya that's not embarrassing at all now it is? He was a really good sport and endured through the tortuous process even though he didn't want to.
So that's our birthday boy! 34 years old. Happy Birthday Jesse! We all love you.

I don't think there is one person that has come across him and NOT liked him. He's just one of those people that other people like to be around. That's definitely something to be said about him.

No comments: