Sunday, November 16, 2014

Thursday: Day 6 (10/23/14) Beach Bums

Ahh, a beach day. As much fun as it is to go to all the Amusement Parks, we really enjoy the beach. What's not to love though? I get to relax on my beach towel and watch the boys play. It's the greatest thing. A beach provides them with so much to do and it's FREE!

Jesse is always so great to play with the boys. He was attempting to build a castle with the boys in this picture, but I think it ended up being a row of bucketed sand (I think I just made up that word, but I'm going to go with it).
These two boys never stopped moving. They were always busy doing something. Digging, running or playing in the waves. They were in hog heaven with hours and hours of entertainment.  What is it about kids and sand that makes this happen?
As the sun was starting to set, we decided to go on a little walk down the beach before we went in for dinner.
We walked past the pier and I thought it was really cool being underneath it with the glare of the sun in the background.

The boys were always on the search for sea shells. Especially since the tide was low, you could see a lot of washed up shells. While searching we were able to find a tiny sand crab.  The two of them were thrilled. Almost to the point that they were arguing over the little crab. I had to remind them to share and be gentle. When Cy got his turn, the crab crawled up Cy's arm and seemed to be hiding behind his ear. Cy was laughing at first, but after a little while his giggle turned into a "I-want-it-off-me" whine.

As the sun was starting to disappear I had Heidi take this picture of our family. I love how it turned out. I didn't even have to put a filter on it to enhance it. I love ocean sunsets. There is something about them that are peaceful and calming.

I am so blessed with such a great family. Honestly Jesse is dang near perfect as a husband, father and  person. I love him dearly. And I truly feel like I would fall apart of I didn't have him in my life. He keeps me and my life just calm and even kill.

Then there is Ryker and Cy. I feel that I have learned what true happiness is from them. Being their mother has helped me grow in ways that I never could have imagined.

At the end of the day it's these people that matter the most to me. I love and cherish them dearly.

No comments: