Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Halloween 2014

In years past I have gone to a lot of effort to home make our Halloween costumes, but with our family trip right in the middle of October I couldn't find the motivation to come up with a theme, let alone sew four costumes. Nope. It just wasn't going to happen this year. And I just had to be OK with that. 

Before we left for Cali, I went online to buy costumes. Yep, BUY them. But I started out not having a clue what any of us could be. Also I didn't want to spend a fortune either. The idea crossed my mind to just have the boys dress up by themselves, but when I ran this idea by Ryker he vetoed that in a heartbeat. You see, ever since his first Halloween we have gone as a family, so in his mind that's what we do. And I love the idea, but for some reason I was feeling worn out about the idea. But I couldn't let him down. I needed to figure out a theme.

After some online searching I came up with the Superman theme. It was cheap, easy and brilliant. Cy was the Retro Superman, Ryker was the modern version of Superman, Jesse went as Clark Kent and I went as Lois Lane. 

Halloween was on a Friday this year and the boys didn't have school that day. So their school activities were on Thursday. It was fortunate that Jesse was home those days so he could be a part of it all. Especially since I had to work on that Thursday. 

While I was working I was notified that Jesse had posted this picture of Cy on InstGram all ready to go to his preschool party. I was dying! Especially since Jesse took the time to make Cy's hair look so Superman-like. (Again another reason he's so wonderful).

Ryker's Halloween Parade at this school was right during a time I had open at work. Or so I thought. I had the time wrong of when the parade would start, so when I arrived the parade was already over and the kids were in their classes playing Halloween games.

I felt terrible. I told Ryker I would be there and then I messed up. He was probably searching the crowd looking for me. Oh man, lesson learned the hard way. Pay attention to the parade time, Ash. Jesse was off and he could have been there on time if I had told him the right time. I had messed it up for the both of us. Next year I'll get it right. 

Thankfully Ryker is a forgiving and loving boy. 


That night was our ward Trunk or Treat. They had blocked off 10th south so the kids could be safe going from door to door. Or even hanging out in the street where they had fires going. 

We stayed for an hour and then had to head to Chantel's dance, dinner theater thing that she was performing in at the High School. We went straight there in our costumes. Luckily it was Halloween themed. So we fit in just fine. 

It's always fun to see Chantel dance. She's so good. I wish I could have some of her moves. 

Halloween Day we relaxed the first half of the day and then went out to Mike and Heidi's ward house for their trunk or treat. We've done this just about every year since Ryker was about 8 months old.
I can't tell you how much I love this picture of these two. Too much cuteness in one photo, I can't handle it. Haha. I love it. And their hair kills me. Compliments to Jesse. Haha. Because he did Cy's the day before the boys wanted Jesse to do it. Not mom. It's like they thought I wasn't capable. Haha,
Almost everybody commented on their hair. And I would have to agree, I think the hair makes the costumes. They both make very handsome SuperMen.
Lois Lane and Clark Kent. Easiest costumes ever. Only thing with my costume, nobody really knew who I was unless I was with Jesse. Then they would put it together,
Ya know, even though I didn't spend hours and hours on costumes we still had a great time. they boys loved their costumes. And I didn't have the stress of making sure they didn't ruin them. So it was a win-win this year.
Happy Halloween!

No comments: