Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday

Jesse worked a shift yesterday and he got home around 7:30 this morning. My plan was when he got home is when I'd hide the eggs in the back yard. Around 6:30 I woke up naturally (kinda hard to sleep in since my body is used to getting up early every morning). I thought since I'm up I'll at least put the Easter Baskets together. Then I went back to bed to wait for Jesse to come home.
 
Next thing I know Ryker comes down stairs to tell me...
 
"Mom, the eggs are still in the fridge. The Easter Bunny didn't hide them."
 
Oops.
 
I made up some silly excuse that the Easter Bunny must have been busy, but he'll be back to hide them before daddy got home. I then text Jesse to fill him in about the Easter Bunny's "mistake". Ha. He said he'd hurry and hide them when he got home if I put them outside for him.
 
I did that very thing. And when I got the text from Jesse that he was home, I read a book to Ryker so that he wouldn't have the random urge to look in the backyard.
 
When Jesse came inside Ryker went running to him and told him all about the Easter Bunny forgetting to hide the eggs. He went to the fridge to prove his point...BUT... they weren't there. The "Easter Bunny" had snuck in and hid them. Phew! Close call.
 
That Easter Bunny needs to pick up his game. Next year he'll be better :-)
 
In their baskets they got a new church outfit along with a few polos and a Camelbak No Spill Water bottle.
 

 He was pretty stoked about his Easter Basket...
 ...and of course Cy was too.
 Then we were off to hunt for eggs.
 Ryker was so sweet by helping Cy.



 He seriously loves the chickens. Now that we are having warmer days there isn't a day that go by that he doesn't want to play with them. And once Ryker is out there, Cy is too. It's a pretty funny site to see Cy carrying a chicken around.
 Once our egg hunt was over we all got ready for church. I wanted to get a picture of our little family in our Easter outfits. But it took several attempts. Cy kept saying cheese with a weird face...
 ...haha not sure why Cy is tipping his head back. At least he is trying to smile.
 Then he finally makes a good face and then Jesse and I weren't looking at the camera. Oh well. Close enough.
 Two handsome boys amongst the pretty daffodils.

I was so grateful for the beautiful warm weather. It was perfect for this Easter Sunday. How fitting is it that we celebrate our Saviours resurrection while the earth seem to be resurrecting as well? This time of year is so refreshing to see everything come back to life again after a long dead winter.
 
During church today we had combined Relief Society and Priesthood and we talked about the Resurrection. I enjoyed the lesson. It's always a good reminder the sacrifice and suffering that the Saviour did for all of us. He was alone so that we don't need to be. He has felt how all of us feel.
 
I'm grateful to my Saviour for providing the atonement for all of us. There is nothing better than having that in our lives. Giving us the chance to always change and become better. Having Him as our strength so that we will NEVER be alone. 

No comments: