Sunday, March 10, 2013

Big Day Tomorrow

Well this is it. We have arrived. Tomorrow is the start of our new lives. Jesse's last day working construction was on Friday and his first day as a FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER is tomorrow. Will someone please pinch me?

 
On Friday I had spare time in my day, so Jesse asked me to go up to Ogden to pick up his Uniforms and hand in some retirement paperwork to the Human Resource office at the City Building. He has been super busy and couldn't find the time to go up there before Monday.
 
While I was at the Human Resource office, I did find out that Jesse will be sworn in....BUT it's not something that the families will go to. Bummer. I was so hoping that we'd get that chance again. But thankfully I got to experience it with SSL.
 
Anyway, that night after work I went home to make dinner. Jesse goes to try on his uniform and he finds this....

...the pins were still left on both of the sides where they were "SUPPOSE" to take it in. What Dummies! They just pinned it and then never did anything about it.

So yesterday I called my Grandma Schrader and asked if she's be willing to take in this sides for Jesse. She willingly accepted. I dropped them off at her house on my way to work and she was able to work on them that day. While she was at it I added the SSL shirt as well. They too never seemed to "TAKE IN" the sides either, it has been really baggy on him. But they at least went to the effort to take the pins out. Sheesh!

Anyway, after work I went back over there to pick up the two Ogden shirts. They looked PERFECT! Thank Heavens for Grandmothers. Jesse and I both thought that the uniform store should correct their mistake. But he needed it by tomorrow, so luckily Grandma was here to help us. Jesse will look all spiffy tomorrow thanks to her.

This whole next week is training from 8am to 5pm. We aren't sure when they will give him his shift (A, B or C). But for sure we will know by the end of this week. As soon as I know I am planning a trip for the two of us to go on in November. Paramedic school will be over so that'll be our little victory celebration. Something to look forward to.

Until then we will enjoy the NOW!

No comments: