Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Visiting Daddy

On Saturday Jesse and I both had to work. So Mike and Heidi were so great to take the boys for us that day. In the morning I got a phone call from Heidi telling me that Mike wanted to take the boys to the Air Force Museum which was up in Layton. Our original plan was to meet in the middle somewhere downtown, but she called to tell me that they would just come pick up the boys on the way to the museum. Once they arrived I headed off to work.
 
I later got a text from Heidi asking which Fire Station Jesse worked at. Not knowing which one I text Jesse which one. He didn't reply for awhile, but Heidi was finally able to figure it out right at the time he was writing her back. They figured since the Museum was only about ten minutes from Ogden they would pay Jesse a visit. Or at least drive by if they never heard from him.
 
I guess the firefighters were at the gym, so Jesse didn't get to respond quickly. But would luck have it, the team arrived back to the station the same time Mike, Heidi and the boys were there.
 
Both Jesse and Heidi sent me some pictures on my phone while I was at work. And I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous that I didn't get to be there. But I know we'll get lots of chances to go and visit (Matter of Fact...this Saturday while Jesse is on shift with SSL, me and the boys are going down in the morning to do a photo shoot there with my friend Courtney.. kind of excited...it'll be so great).
 
I just LOVE this picture. Look how happy the boys are. I can just see the glee in their faces. To be in a firetruck WITH their daddy....what more could two boys ask for?
 

 Cy getting a turn as the driver...
 ...can't forget Ryker.

 And trying on the helmet.

Cute boys. And it gave a great chance for the other firefighters to meet the boys and Jesse's parents... and vica-versa. My turn next.

All they know about me is that I keep sending goodies for them.

Jesse's first shift I think he took some Oatmeal Cookies. And then the second I sent him with some left over Cookies and Cream Cake bites (they are to die for). Which they all loved... so then they asked Jesse if I could make a good Carrot Cake. And I thought... Carrot Cake??? Not very many people ask for carrot cake. But yes I have a good recipe with cream cheese frosting.

I baked and frosted the cake Sunday so that Jesse could take it with him yesterday morning. And I was kind of anxious all day to hear if they liked it or not. Around lunch time I text Jesse asking if the guys had tried the carrot cake yet.

He replied back saying "Just did. Everyone says it's great!!! And Thank you very much"

Yesss....Score!!!

Later that night, about 7:30, I get another text from Jesse saying.."I was told they were going to fire me until they tasted your cake. Now they'll keep me."

Haha. I thought that was so funny. And I loved the compliment. I guess I better keep those goodies going so that Jesse can keep his job. Haha.

For me I find so much enjoyment out of a compliment on my cooking or baking. It's just so rewarding. So to hear that from those firefighters really made my day.

No comments: