Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dance Party/Concert in the Ktichen

Today was the first day of Jesse's 6 days off from Ogden. When he came home he ate breakfast and then napped for a bit (since he was up most of the night). Once he got up him and I went to the gym together (put the boys in the Child Care). It was nice to do that together. We won't get to do it too often, but hey at least we will get to do it. Where as before we never got to.
 
Anyway, Jesse went to a massage appointment at my salon afterwards. He needed it so bad. And deserved every minute of it. When he got home he studied a bit for school then had to head out to class.
 
Which left me and the boys to ourselves. For dinner I was trying to recreate Rumbi's Rice bowl. Brown Rice with Chicken, Zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, celery and broccoli with Teriyaki Sauce. And normally dinner becomes a fight with the boys. But tonight Ryker ate his entire bowl and his exact words to me he said...
 
"Thank You Mommy for this Wonderful Dinner."
 
Speechless I was. Where was the whining and the complaining? Tonight it wasn't there. How refreshing! Not only is it nice to get compliments from adults about my cooking... but it's even BETTER when my five year old compliments me. I was on Mommy-Cloud-Nine!
 
For Dessert we went to Orange Leaf. Self Serve Frozen Yogurt. The boys and I love it. And it gives us something to do together.
 
Once we got back is when the real party began. I turned on some music and  it started out as a little dance party in the kitchen. But then we got the "microphones" out and started to sing along. Ryker was totally into it. It was making my heart smile. But then I couldn't help but get into myself.

 Then it turned into a concert. Cy pulled up a bench and we ate popcorn while we watched Ryker "Perform". We would cheer and clap for him after each song.
 I'm telling you... this kid has got some moves. Haha... seriously though. Such a hoot.
Cy went up to join Ryker in the fun, while leaving me on the bench alone to be the crazy fan taking all the pictures. I couldn't help but giggle at him. I guess he thought he should EAT the "microphone" instead of sing into it.
 When a song would end Ryker would then take a bow. He's got that bowing thing down. Hand on the chest and everything.
 Another thing that was making me laugh was his collection of "microphones" he was putting in his back pockets (potato masher included).
Our little concert party went on for about 45 minutes. Constant. It was 45 minutes I don't ever want to forget. We had a blast! Love these little guys!

No comments: