Sunday, April 14, 2013

Taking advantage of the days off

This last week Jesse had Monday through Thursday off. So we decided it would be fun to take the boys to the Dinosaur Museum. I  love that we get to do this now. Taking time to be together during the day. Ryker doesn't have preschool on Tuesdays so we thought that would be the perfect day to go.
 
We drove separately to Jesse's school. We left his truck there so that Jesse could go to school right after the museum.
 
I had never been to the museum and I was pleasantly surprised how good of a museum it is. 
 They had a sandy area with water and little dinosaurs where the kids could build up the sand to make islands or barges.
 I was happy to see that they provided waterproof aprons for the kids.




 The skeletons were really fascinating. The thought of these huge creatures roaming the earth is pretty dang cool. I've always wondered if they were around before Adam and Eve were put in the Garden of Eden? I'll add that to the list of questions I have when I get to the other side.
 Sometimes... this kiddo just cracks me up. Look at this cheesy pose. He's just hilarious.
 Another cool thing that they had were these huge magnetic puzzles. Since Ryker loves puzzles he just had the greatest time. I am always impressed with his puzzle skills.
 Like always, Cy wants to be doing what Ryker is doing. I really like this picture.
 Another hands on exhibit was a sand pit with dinosaur bones to be uncovered. They had brushes they could use to brush away the sand to discover the bones. If we would have let them, these two boys would have been in there all day.
 Jesse and I sitting back and watching the boys. I love, love, love that we could spend the day together. This man makes me so happy. I don't know where I'd be without him. He truly is my other half and we make a great team.
After the museum we went to Wendy's to get a late lunch and then had to take Jesse to school. It'll be nice when school will be over so that we can have him for the entire day of his day off. But for now we will take what we can get.

No comments: