Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 6; Driving Home (Tues)

Driving home the next day we were determined not to let the 11 hour drive turn into 13 again. But... we were unfortunately wrong. We stopped in Vegas for gas and food and got stuck trying to find a place to eat that didn't require major parking and we could still sit down so the boys could wiggle.
 
But somehow our little stop turned into a 2 hour ordeal. So it made for us getting home in  13 hours instead of 11.
 
Once again that last hour the boys were DONE being in the car (especially Cy). I was certainly done I can't imagine how they felt.
When we finally got to the Smith's home and I loaded up things from Heidi's car into my own and I still have to drive to my house. But 20 minutes seemed little a breeze after doing 13.
 
When I pulled into my drive way I found these two just zonked out. They even stayed asleep while I was getting them out of their car seats and putting them in bed. That NEVER happens.
 
 

I unpacked the car, showered and got ready for bed. Pretty sure I was dottling because Jesse still wasn't home from school and I really wanted to see him. I was missing my man.

No comments: