Sunday, February 10, 2013

Birthday Partying

In addition to the good news from Jesse's new job, we got to celebrate Ryker's 5th birthday on Friday Feb 8. In the morning he requested waffles for breakfast and then Jesse and I sang him Happy Birthday. (Disregard him being just in his underwear. Lately that's what he wants to sleep in regardless of the snowy weather).
 
Then he was off to preschool. The last half hour of preschool I went there to do a little spotlight on him. I brought a few of his favorite items and talked about what Ryker likes to do. Then all the kids got to have a shark cupcake.

 
After preschool we had Ryker's birthday friend party. All the kid's moms dropped them off at our house. Then we all loaded up the cars (thank you to my mom for lending her suburban and willing to come along) and headed up to the Trampoline Park in Kaysville.
The kids got to jump around for about an hour and a half. They loved it and had a blast. The best part is that we were allowed to go there an hour before they opened, so we had the whole place to ourselves.
 This is the perfect place for kids. I didn't expect that they all got tired after awhile. But about the time they were suppose to be done jumping they were ready to be done. Which I was happy about because I was worried about getting them into the party room without a fight.
 Having a blast in the foam pit.
Left to right; Boston, Lexi, Ryker, Ever, Rafe (who I think needed to go potty at this point, but said he didn't need to haha) Tyler, Sophie...
and Jace (who had just jumped in the pit when I took the picture of the group). 
A BIG thanks goes out to these two. I wasn't sure if I could to keep track of 9 kids all by myself, so I called upon them to help me out. I seriously don't know where I'd be without my dear mom and sisters. 
 While the kids were jumping I was able to set up the party room. I decided to make it a Shark theme since it is what Ryker's cake was. When I got these plates Ryker was just thrilled.

Oh the simple things in life that make them happy.
The kids built up quite an appetite from jumping. They chowed down there pizza like there was no tomorrow.
 A very satisfied Birthday Boy!
Cute little Cy dipping his finger in the frosting and licking it off over and over again.
Time for presents. This part made me laugh. K wait, let me back up... during the party I was noticing that the three girls were all wanting to be by Ryker. Which I thought was rather cute. Ryker had all three of them holding hands (him in the middle of course) walking into the building. And while eating lunch they all wanted to sit by him. Well, when it was time to open presents the kids all went over to the other table. I had my back turned for a minute to get something and when I turned back around I saw one of the girls in tears. I knelt down and asked her what was the matter (thinking someone hit or shoved her). She went on to explain (through her sobs and tears) that she wanted to sit by Ryker and someone else was. In my head I was laughing because I thought it was so cute. But I just explained to her that we needed to take turns being next to Ryker. She was hesitant to share.

I then decided it would be best to have Ryker by himself so nobody would fight over him. So my mom gave me the idea to play "Heavy, Heavy Hangover thy poor head". Which solved the sharing Ryker issue (Thanks mom).
 They each took a turn giving Ryker their present. Each of them crowded around him. Ryker was feeling so loved.
A quick attempt at getting the whole group together (Cy wasn't interested at all). Take note that Ryker has a girl on either side of him. Haha, He's quite the ladies man.
 
 After that we all went back to our house where their mom's were there waiting for them.

We had a few hours of down time before we met the family for dinner. Cy got a nap and Ryker was able to play with some of new toys his friends gave him.

At 6pm we met our families at Rumbi's. Chan, Mom, Grandma and Grandpa were there.
 Along with Mike, Emily and Sterling.
 Heidi too was there. My Dad, Tyson and Andrew all had to work so they couldn't make it.
 I'm very proud of this kiddo. The fact that he is FIVE YEARS OLD is mind boggling. It's strange to think that I have been a mom for that long. Ryker is such a sweet boy. He makes friends so easily and loves to be around his family. I wouldn't trade him for the world.
 After dinner everybody came over to our house to open presents and eat some Shark cake.
 Ryker is really lucky to have so many people around him that love and care about him. It was almost better than Christmas for him.
 Manda and Jon were even sweet enough to send him a present from Oregon.
Look how excited he is about his cake. For me, that is what makes it all worth doing.
 Blowing out the candles...
The rest of the night, we all just hung out and enjoyed each others company. When the young ones (Cy and Sterling) started to melt down we called it a night.

What a great day! Happy Birthday to our Amazing,Energetic, Smart, Fun, 1,000,000 watt light bulb. We all love and cherish Ryker so much. He brings so much life and energy into our lives.

No comments: