Monday, February 11, 2013

5 year check up

Ryker had his 5 year Doctor checkup this morning. I think I was dreading it more than he was. Jesse and I had to give him a little talk last night to warn him that he'd be getting his Kindergarten shots. He handled the idea OK, until I mentioned that he'd need to pee in a cup as well. And for some reason that tipped the emotional scale. He lost it just sobbing, saying he's afraid to pee in a cup. Haha I thought we would get that reaction from the thought of shots not peeing in a cup.  But I think he was tired.

Also on Mondays I have been watching my nephew (Sterling) in the morning while his mom (Emily) goes to school. And of course when I made this Dr. Appointment a year ago I didn't know I'd be helping Emily out at the same time. So I was worried about taking all three kids and how I would keep track of the young ones.

I took the stroller inside with both Cy and Sterling packed in there. And they were really good while Ryker got checked out.

In addition to weighing in and getting his height measured, Ryker had to get his blood pressure taken along with a quick little eye exam. His blood pressure was 111/68 and his eye sight is 20/30. Dr. Reese said 20/30 is totally normal for a five year old.

Back when I was waiting in the waiting room with the boys, I realized I had forgotten to bring Ryker's urine sample from home. So luckily Jesse was on his way home from Ogden and he was able to swing by the house and bring it over. He was able to stay the rest of the time since Todd called him to tell him he wasn't going to start work until a little later. So it was nice to have Jesse there to help me manage the three boys. Dr. Reese came into the room surprised to see a full house.

Ryker weighs 45.2lbs (78%) and measures 43 3/4 inches (68%).

After Dr. Reese checked Ryker's ears, eyes, mouth, speech, colors, writing, and tummy the nurse came in to give Ryker his shots. He had to get THREE today. The nurse was really sweet with him. She asked Ryker if he wanted them in his arm or leg. Ryker chose his arm. I thought at this point he would be freaking out. But he seemed really calm. He started to get a little freaked when she was about to start. But he did pretty good. The first two he didn't really cry, but the last one he didn't like. He yelled "Hurry Hurry Hurry!" 

Then it was over. Phew! I told Ryker I would take him to Orange Leaf for being such a brave boy. So we'll go tonight after dinner.

No comments: