Sunday, February 24, 2013

San Diego Trip Day 1 (Thurs)

Heidi, Ryker, Cyrus and I got home from our San Diego trip on Tuesday and I have been meaning to blog about our trip, but I have been super busy playing catching up with life. Plus any down time I had it had to be spent finalizing my Relief Society Lesson that I taught today. With that all over I have the chance to update.
 
Thursday (Feb 14) was spent driving. Ya I guess you could call us crazy for driving instead of flying to San Diego with two kids. But the airfare was just too expensive. I think with it being President's Day weekend the prices were really high.
 
We left around 6 in the morning and just had a relaxed drive down. The boys did really well. They watched their movies, played games, sang, and munched on some goodies.  
 We stopped a few times to get breakfast, lunch and gas. The boys would get out to stretch their legs and get their wiggles out.
 The drive was suppose to be 11 hours and we were making really good time. But when we got about and an hour from San Diego we were stuck in some serious traffic. We were just crawling inch by inch for two hours. The boys did really well up until that point. Which made the traffic feel that much slower. Our 11 hour drive turned into 13.  Rough.

Oh man we were so excited when we finally got to our hotel and eat some dinner.
When we got to our room the boys were jumping off the walls and acting super crazy. Heidi and I just stood back and laughed because we knew they had all this energy built up from our 13 hour car ride.

When the boys and I went to bed, Heidi left to pick up Uncle Christian from the airport. We were asleep when they got back. So we didn't really chat until the next morning.

One of the things I was super stoked about this hotel was the gym. It was a full gym located right by the hotel and the Wyndham gave us free access to it. So that made me very happy. Especially the next morning after being in the car for 13 hours. I too had energy I needed to burn off. So a nice run on the treadmill and some weights was therapeutic.

No comments: