Sunday, February 10, 2013

Birthday Cake Requests

About a month ago Ryker randomly came to me and said "Mom, I want a great white shark cake for my birthday."
 
So over the next few weeks I contemplated how I would execute this shark cake. The morning before his birthday I made a sheet cake from a cake mix. Poured the batter in the cookie sheet and cooked it. Let it cool down then put it in the freezer so it would be easier to frost.
 
That night I googled a great white shark out line and found this...
 I then drew it bigger, cut it out and secured it on top of the sheet cake with toothpicks.
 I then cut around the paper shark to get this...
 I moved it to a clean sheet and proceeded to frost and decorate it with homemade cream cheese frosting. Not to toot my own horn, but I was very pleased with the results. It turned out much better than I'd expected. I knew no matter how it looked that Ryker would think it was the greatest. I'm no "Cake Boss", but in Ryker's eyes I was.
I also made cupcakes for Ryker's friends at preschool and his party. The little shark fins I found on amazon. So that made it nice and easy, but still went along with the theme.

No comments: