Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Cy is NINE!

He is 9 years old!!!

Oh Cy! That sweet face of yours filled with so much love and mischievousness. You have such a tender heart and a determined mind. You are so good at math and your reading levels are off the charts. You love the scriptures and looking up versus about Jesus Christ. You love to make people laugh. You enjoy building creations with your legos. You love your brothers just as much as you love to pester them. You are crazy about our puppy dog, Murphy. You are such a gem in our family! I love you so much!
Kinda sucky having your birthday on a school day, but I made him some birthday pancakes to kick off his special day. 
After school I had to stay after for a quick PTC with Cy. So fun. After that Jesse and I went to the Chiropractor. He's been going for his back and I usually go for an adjustment here and there to keep things in line. But this morning I dropped a 125# barbell kinda on my head. Ugh I know. We were doing clean and jerks at the gym and on my last rep I thought I had it and I thought I was under the bar. But my arms were not locked out and it started to come down and as it did it nicked the top of my bun. It didn't seem like anything happened at first, but I started to feel like my neck wasn't feeling right. So I decided to have it looked at while Jesse was doing his therapy. I found out that I had sprained my facet joint in my neck. It wasn't too happy when I left and I was feeling worried that I did something permanent to it.

Cy hung out with us while his parents who seem to be falling apart get taken care of. As soon as we were done at the Chiropractor we took Cy to dinner for his birthday. He picked Mikado because he really wanted Sushi. He's told me for awhile that he likes sushi, but I had never seen him eat it before. 

Shenanigans while we wait for our food. 

Sure do love this kid!
Sure enough he loved all the sushi. Haha

And he got a free birthday dessert from the restaurant. I snuck a bit of it and it was yummy. haha
We were thinking about taking him to a movie. And there weren't really anything that looked good. But Cy said he actually was happy to go home and rent a movie to watch with his family. So that's what we did. We went home and did just that.

But first he opened the gifts that we gave him. 

He's been asking for these mini magnetic balls for months...

Then we all snuggled in to watch Frozen II. Murphy included... 

No comments: