Saturday, March 28, 2020

Quarantine Saturday

With all the scare of COVID-19 I have decided to try and work only on the days that Jesse is off duty.  So I got to have a Saturday all by myself with my boys. Nothing to worry about and nowhere to be. We could just be together and do what we wanted to do.

The past almost 2 weeks I have been staying up late and sleeping in to whenever I wanted to wake up. I usually can't sleep in past 7am, and that hasn't been very hard to sleep in until that every day. I even slept in until 8:45am on Wed. Unreal. I think I need to figure out a new routine. I have gotten up early for so many years to go to the gym. But now that gyms are closed and the kiddos are not going to school. I just need to figure out what our new normal is going to be for the next month or so. The few walks and hikes I have been getting for exercise wont be enough to last me over the next month.

After being at work all week I was so excited to have a day to spend with my boys. Getting out in the fresh air this morning and listening to my boys giggling while they played in the fresh snow was free therapy.

I'll admit a huge blessing in this whole pandemic is the gift of time we have been given. Time to be closer knit with my little family! Time to dive into my scruptures more fully. Time to turn our homes into sanctuaries. Time to ponder what is most important. Don't squander it right? Today felt like a good day and I want to rejoice in that.

When we got back from our hike we wanted lunch. I had to take a picture of our spread because Fynn set the table and got 90% of the food out all by himself. He put apples and clementines in their own bowls. I thought it was so cute. 

And I just had to take a picture of Fynn while he was chillin' with Murphy and a baby chick. Just livin' his best life. 

The rest of the day was spent playing Phase 10 and watching movies. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep around 6pm and got a little cat nap in. So that was delightful.

I know this quarantine thing is going to feel like emotional whiplash. One day or even minute everything feels ok and then the next it doesn't. So when I'm feeling like everything is going to be ok I have to definitely acknowledge that. 

No comments: