Saturday, February 29, 2020

Aladdin- Closing Night

Again I was there 90 mins before the show started to help with the makeup. 

This time we didn't have all 4 moms there from the beginning, so it was a little more stressful getting all the kiddos ready. Yesterday I worked mainly on the kids that just needed regular stage makeup while the other 2 moms did the Tigers and camels. I did do the monkey's face yesterday as well.

So I started on the Tigers going off of what the moms did yesterday. They had taken pictures of what they had done so they could recreate it. But I was having a tough time feeling inspired by it. I did the girl tiger based off of the pictures from yesterday. I just didn't love how she looked because she looked more like a kitty cat instead of a tiger.  I started on the boy tiger and I just wanted to look up something that felt more "TIGER" and I found the perfect thing. So I started on him and it was going so much better, so one of the other moms helped wipe off the other girls makeup off and start over. I showed her the picture that I was going off of and she was able to get the base of it done for me in time that I finished the other tiger and I could do the finishing touches on the girl. 

I think the turned out so awesome. 
Here's Abu. My friend Jenny's girl, Lacey. They live in our ward. Ryker and Lacey are actually good friends in real life. So it was perfect to have them play Aladdin and Abu together. 

Bethany and Ryker as Jasmine and Aladdin. 
Cy the all powerful Palace Guard. 
This show I got to sit on the front row. So the pictures are alot better.  But this picture is great because I could see both of my boys in the same scene. 
One Jump Ahead Scene
Trapped in the cave of wonders and meeting the Gene for the first time...

Escaped out of the cave and working on his 3 wishes....

First wish... To be a prince!

Prince Ali song. Cy did have one line to sing in this one. "Just try your best to stay calm"... 
The whole new world scene was so cute. I wish so bad that you could hear Ryker singing. He was amazing. Also before this scene he was back stage and his mic didn't get turned off and you hear him whisper to all the ensemble who is setting up the lighted balloons..."make it magical..." 

How adorable. I wanted to melt.

And it sure was magical. 


Sultan approves of their "love". Awww.

Time to take their bows!

Oh these 2 were so incredible!!!


Londyn (Genie), Bethany (Jasmine), and Ryker (Prince Ali)

Ryker (Prince Ali) and Lacey (Abu)
Can't pass up a family photo opp...
My favorite little Palace Guard...

ALADDIN!!!
So proud of this kid.
The lady behind it all. She has been in theater for many years and volunteered to do the show. She was amazing with the kids. She was so encouraging to them and directed them brilliantly. She was funny and made the whole thing so fun for everyone. 

While we were taking pictures on the stage there was this little boy that was watching Ryker very close. His mom got my attenion by pointing to me and saying "That's Aladdin's mom, and that's Aladdin's Dad." I waved to them and went over to her and she proceeded to tell me how much her boy was a fan of Aladdin. Ryker had a little fan. So Ryker went over to him and gave him a high-five and was so cute with him. It sure made me smile. 

Proud Grandparents. Mike and Heidi came to both shows. Along with so many family members and friends that supported my boys. I didn't get a chance to thank everyone properly that came. 

These 2 deserve a special shout out for coming because Tayler was there watching Ryker and Cy ON HER DUE DATE! Bless her heart. But it meant so much to me that they came. Especially with the text that Tyson sent me later after sending him this photo of them with Ryker. It made me cry....

"Ryker and Cy did such a good job! I have actually been meaning to text you and Jesse, I did get emotional during the performance and not so much because of the performance itself (although it was amazing) but more so that little Sloane will have such amazing cousins to look up to (when she finally decides to show up!) Ryker breaking character to make sure that girl was okay during the show, and just his overall interaction with everyone, he's a great example! As the eldest cousin in the family I'm glad the rest of the kids have him to look up to."

To celebrate we went to Chik-fil-a. Mike, Heidi, Tyson, Tayler all joined us. While we were there we talked about the show and how great it was. At one point Mike asked Ryker "Ok. What's more exciting? Scoring a touchdown in football? Or performing like you did today?

Ryker really had a hard time deciding. He sat there a moment and couldn't come up with a conclusion. He had that much fun. Even Cy did too. Last night after their first show they couldn't stop beaming and talking about how much fun it was and how they couldn't wait to do it again.  

Ryker finally replyed " I don't know, that's hard. I definetely found a new interest."

I have a feeling this wont be the last time we do this. And I cant wait to see what other plays we will be watching him perform in. 

Back in November when the signups started, I never imagined what this weekend would feel like. I watched Ryker and Cyrus grow so much from their first rehearsal to their final performance. I am positive this will be an experience they will always remember! I love that elementary schools put on plays because this wasn't something that happened when I was their age. And to be honest I'm not sure I would have been brave enough at their age to participate in something like this. These boys really have more going for them then I ever did in elementary school or even Jr. High. It was so incredible to watch them as a cast learn their individual parts and put it all together as a whole show. It's a big task and they did a great job!

After lunch we stopped by the salon because Ryker was so eager to cut his hair. He's been growing it out for the past 3 months. He's used to getting a haircut every 3-4 weeks so going 3 months was pretty painful for him. 
He was much happier about his short hair. 
Cy kinda suffered too. He didn't have to grow his hair out, but because I hadn't cut Ryker's hair, Cy got one hair cut in those 3 months. Se he was feeling ready for a haircut too.
Awww, so much better. 

No comments: