Thursday, March 2, 2017

Annual Ogden Firefighter Awards Banquette

This night is one night that I look forward to every year. It's the 3rd time going for us and I was even more excited to go this year for 2 reasons. 1. I wasn't pregnant or postpartum like I was like past 2 years. And 2. We have made more friends so I know who we will be sitting with and can really enjoy conversation with people I know. 

I decided to buy a new dress for this year. I have actually worn the same dress for the past 2 years, but it was time for a new one. Besides I got lucky and found this one on Amazon for $25. Can't beat that right?

This year Jesse didn't have to work which made it nice. The last 2 times I've had to meet him at work and then drive over to the venue with him. This time he picked me up at the salon. I worked until about 4pm and I just got ready at work. I did my own hair but I had one of the girls there (Bria) do my makeup for me because she's really good at it. 

We made it to the venue just in time to snap one picture before they ceremony started.
They always have a cool presentation with the color guard.
We saved this table for our group.The firemen that Jesse works with on this table (and are his closer friends that he works with) is Kris, Nate and Patrick. While we waited for dinner to be served we watched the video presentation made to honor and look back on the past year.
I do love getting the opportunity to get all dressed up and be his plus one. So proud of this firefighter-husband.
The night was very pleasant. I did tell Jesse that he needs to get on the nomination list next year for Paramedic of the year. 1) becasue it was just be super cool and 2) the trophies are so AWESOME and we need one on our firefighter collage at home. Haha.

Kris and Keya are always ones that we enjoy being with. So we had to get a classic picture like we did last year together.
And of course we needed a girls picture. We didn't spend all this time getting dolled up without us getting a picture of it. Right?

Once the party was over I wasn't feeling ready to go home yet. I wanted to draw out the night as long as possible. It's not very often I get an evening with my one and only. We invited Kris and Keya to join us to get a treat, but they had to get back to their kiddos. Which we understood. So Jesse and I went to Chik-fil-a for a post party snack. We enjoyed simple conversation with each other until we decided we better get home.

I got looking through pictures from last year and couldn't believe how much Jesse and I have changed. Especially Jesse. I knew he had lost some weight and made some physical changes but its significantly different. He looks way good. So proud of him. It motivates me to keep working hard too.

No comments: