Sunday, March 12, 2017

Blessing my Birthday Niece

It was such a beautiful Sunday today! And it was great to spend time with family today as we all got together for the blessing of the newest addition to my side of the family. Little Mary Ann Goodrich. The baby girl who shares a birthday with me. She will forever be called my little birthday niece.

I really needed a Sunday to not think about anything but family. The past few days there has been some hurtful drama at the salon and it was weighing me down. I was so happy to step into a chapel and sing hymns about our Lord and Savior and to hear and feel the testimonies born. I needed the spiritual uplifting. 

Jesse was scheduled to work today, but was so great to find someone to hold over for him until he got there. So before he left I wanted to grab a family picture of us in our Sunday Best! It's been since Jan that I recall us getting together for a picture. It's spring, so it needed to be done. 
Tyson gave her such a beautiful blessing today too. Bummed I never got around to getting a picture with him and his family. But I got to snag my birthday niece for a picture with her.
After the sacraent service everyone actually headed over to our house. We offered because the other alternative was going to my parents and it seemed silly to have the blessing in Bountiful and then make people drive all the way up to Layton.

By this point Jesse was gone, so I was a single host. But that's ok. Everything went smoothly.

We feel blessed we have the space to provide a party place and fit everyone comfortably. It turned out great. It really was an awesome day!

No comments: