Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Birthday Check-up/V-Day

I was so busy with Ryker's birthday week that I hadn't even thought about what to make for the boy's valentines boxes for school. I'll be honest I was totally dreading it. I get frustrated with all these elementary holidays that require Moms to be so creative. There's pressure and expectations that need to be met. I blame Pinterest for that. It's a great resource but also maddening when I feel overwhelmed and not feeling up to the expectations. 

I found an idea on Pinterest to make an R2D2 out of a mini garbage can with a domed lid and glueing foam shapes onto it. Easy Right? Well I spent the whole day yesterday trying to find said simple garbage can and had NO LUCK. I went to 4 stores and by 3pm I decided I needed to make another game plan. 

Feeling frustrated and running out of time I assessed what boxes I had lying around in recycle. And when I found some boxes the ideas started coming. I swear it was an answer to a prayer. I really was stressing that I couldn't get 2 boxes done in time and get the family fed. But I swear the Lord stepped in helped me out. I was able to put these boxes together in no time. And the best part was they both loved them. Win-Win. Thank you Heavenly Father!

Then for their Valentines they were handing out to their classmates I wanted it to be a simple and healthy one. So I had the idea to buy Cutie Clementines and write U.R.A.Q.T. on it.
Cy loved his box so much that I found him with it in his bed this morning. And on the way to school he had to have it in his lap while. Haha. It made me very happy to see.
After school I picked up the boys and we headed straight to Ryker's birthday checkup. On the way there I had a conversation with Ryker about how he was nervous that the doctor was going to have to check under his underware. He remembered it from last year and we had a good conversation that it's only ok for doctors to do it while mom is in the room. I was grateful for that moment that we could be open about it with each other. I hope that we can always be open with me as I raise him.
He was so fun to sit back and watch him interact with Dr. Sabey as he asked Ryker questions. He wasn't shy. Just answered the questions with such confidence. He's such a good kid.

His stats are...
BMI: 17.2 (70%)
Weight: 68.4 lbs (68%)
Height: 52.8in (53%)

As soon as we left the doctors office we went right over to Timalee's house for a little Valentines Dinner together. Her husband was out of town and Jesse was working. Her and I were talking last week about V-day and we decided to get our kiddos together. We made personal sized pizzas and salad.

We chilled for a few hours until Timalee had to leave for work.
I love this cute little bug of ours.
The night was still young and I thought it would be nice to finish the day off with a little YogurtLand. Getting a little date night with my 3 little men on this Valentines Day.

No comments: