Sunday, February 5, 2017

Living on the "DartSide"

Yesterday I put together a friend birthday party for Ryker. I'm not the type of mom to hold it at my house because I can't handle the choas, mess or entertaining in my home. So we take the party else where. I recently had heard about this new Dart arena where kids get to go and shoot each other with dart guns. How can you go wrong? 

I called them up and found out that the birthday party package included 10 kids for $130 and you could bring your own food in. Ding! We have a winner. So over the past few weeks Ryker made hi list of friends. I kinda felt bad telling him he could only invite 8, because he's friends with everyone and wants everyone there. But he narrowed it down and he was able to get numbers from them to contact their mom's. Since these kids are at the charter school they live all over the county. It's not like I really know the moms due to not living in the same neighborhood. But it's a great way to get to know more people. Ryker's circle of friends is very large because he's got a different group at school and another from our ward/neighborhood. So hopefully nobody felt left out. 

Anyway all the parents dropped the kiddos off at our house yesterday at 12:15pm. I borrowed a bigger vehicle from Chantel's MIL so we would have enough seats to get all 13 of us up to Layton. Thankfully Jesse was off and he could be my other driver. We had to split up between to vehicles to get us all up there. 

We all arrived at the place around 1pm and they got their rundown of how things would work.
They divided them into teams and put on their vests.
I got a group picture of them all before they went into the arena to play for the next hour. They were all so excited.
Ryker was on cloud 9 (haha that's funny since he's turning 9) with all his friends with him and shooting all of them.
I tried to get so many action shots but they were all running around so much that this is the best one I could do. But I loved just chilling on the side lines with Jesse and Fynn, taking pictures. No stress for me and just letting them all be crazy.
After the hour was up they came out and we had lunch. Instead of the cookie cutter birthday party lunch of Pizza, cake and soda pop, I made turkey sandwhiches, apple slices, string cheese and crackers (and water) as their meal. They all loved it! I also got Parsen's Sugar Cookies as their treat. Which are so yummy!
Group Picture again with the Birthday Boy! Left to Right: Marcus, Emily, Jace, Ryker Eli, Ella, Ever and Emily. Cy and Landon are the 2 in the front.
I got a personal picture with all of them except Cy and Ella. Don't know how I missed that those 2. Dang it.
(Jace Seaman, Marcus Stephan, Emily Akerlow, Teylor Anderson, Landon Burbage and Eli Bodell)
We headed back home and waited for them all to be picked up. They were all having such a good time running around my house being crazy, but thankfully it was only for a little while. I always tell Jesse I'm worried that I'm not going to be the cool mom because I get so uptight about the messes and the craziness going on (Thanks Dad for passing that on to me Haha). Jesse just says he'll be the cool dad then while I'm stressed out. Balance Right?

Anyway, it was all such a successful party. Everyone came that Ryker invited and everyone all had such a blast!

Still can't believe that Ryker is turning 9 in a few days. Eek. We are approaching double digits soon. And we are half way until he leaves on a mission. Oh that's a scary thought.

No comments: