Tuesday, November 10, 2015

One Blessed Day {11/8/15}

Sunday was Fynnick's big day. His Blessing Day!  
 
I had sent out his birth announcement (which I think turned out just perfect).
 
 On the back I put the time and date of when we were blessing him. 
 

The night before I was prepping food and the house for all our friends and family that were coming. I was kinda feeling bad that he was stuck in the swing so I got the carrier and he hung out while I was baking cookies and other stuff. Real Motherhood right there. Haha.

I had so many friends and family members offer to bring food. What a great help this was, so I didn't really have to make that much food. Also, my friend Betsy who I do trade work with came Saturday morning and cleaned my whole house. So the night before all I had to do was prep Chicken Salad, bake cookies and set up tables and chairs.

So Sunday morning was really quite smooth. Which made the day so much better. I was grateful for feeling prepped and relaxed for the day.

I fed Fynnick right before we had to head over to the church. But before that I just had to get a picture of him all dressed up in his blessing outfit. This outfit has been the same one that all three of my boys now have worn. It's kinda fun. I think I might make a post of each of them wearing it. Could be fun to see the comparison.



Jesse gave the most tender blessing. Heidi and I tried to take notes. But then my friend Candice actually recorded it from her phone. It was really hard to hear what Jesse was saying over the crying babies. But between the three of us I'd say we got it pretty darn close to what it truly read.

" Our Father in Heaven, with the power and authority of the Melchizedick priesthood we take this infant in our arms to give a name and a blessing. A name which you shall be known on the earth is, Fynnick Rees Smith.

Fynnick at this time we wish to give you a blessing and to invoke the Spirit of our Heavenly Father to give you a blessing that will guide you through your life. At this time we bless you with continued health and strength that you may continue to grow and develop at a rate pleasing to the Lord that you may continue to be a light in this world with much darkness. We bless you that you may have the desire to have the personality that will lead you to be that light among your peers and among your family. May those around you will look to you for happiness and joy and truth in the gospel.
Fynnick we bless you also that you will be able to have good friends and also be able to help them and influence others to be better.

Fynnick we bless you that you will find joy in knowing you are a son of our Heavenly Father and that you will find power and strength and confidence in that knowledge, and that this knowledge will lead you to make good decisions in your life that lead you to serving the Lord throughout your life that you may serve a full time mission help others to find the truth in the gospel and that you will be better prepared for the rest of your life and find an eternal companion who you can take to the temple.

Fynnick we bless you to also know that you can come to your family, to your brothers, your Parents, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles.

We bless you with the testimony of our Savior and the trust in his atonement and to know that you can go to him for anything you need. We bless you that you may find a friend in our Savior.
We say these things in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ
Amen"
 
I love that we were able to get it recorded and now have a record of it. Hopefully it'll serve him in the years to come as a guide until he can receive his Patriarchal Blessing.
After Sacrament was over we came home and met with everyone who was there. Oh we felt so loved and blessed to those who came over. It was so much fun to see so many loving faces that we hadn't seen in awhile. And the best part was that we had room to accommodate all these people in our new home.


After everyone had trickled out we took family picture of us. And boy was that a joke. When we got home Cy immediately changed into his Darth Vader costume. Which is just fine until I wanted him to get back in his church clothes for a picture. After that struggle he had that hardest time sitting still for  a picture. Then Ryker started acting goofy. I would bet that we had over 20 pictures taken to finally get this good one. Phew. But I'm happy how it turned out.


Grandma Teresa and Grandpa Roland with their 5th grandbaby.

Grandma Heidi and Grandpa Mike with their 5th grandbaby as well.  That's kind of a cool coincidence.

I had to snap a picture with my baby sister. She was my only sibling that was able to stick around for pictures. Tyson just had his new baby girl on Wed (11/5/15) so he only came for the blessing and got a plate of food for himself and one to-go for Jessica. 

That night we actually went over to Tyson and Jessica's apartment to meet new baby Jacklynn Page Goodrich. Jesse and I saw them at the hospital on Thursday, but the boys hadn't met her yet. Riker of course was very tender with her.

It's strange to see such a tiny baby. She was 6lbs 13oz when she was born so Fynn looks like a monster baby next to her. Jesse was making jokes that Fynn was big enough to hold baby Jackie. Haha. Kinda funny.

Fynn is very lucky to have two girl cousins on both sides of the family to grow up with. Its going to be fun to watch the three of them grow up together.

Looking back on that day I can truly say that God has blessed me greatly!

No comments: