Sunday, November 1, 2015

Slow Down and Catch Up


 Good grief. October came and went. I would say that we have definitely adjusted to having 3 boys. Its been nice starting to settle into a great routine and schedule. It helps that Fynnick is so chill and easy. It's amazing how much he is changing in the last month. We love to see his personality just come through. The smiles and the coos can just melt your heart.

Oct 5 I took these pictures after he had woken up from sleeping his first long stretch of the night. Since then he's continued to sleep from about 9;00om-7:00am. No more feeling like a zombie.

After I had taken those pictures of Fynnick they reminded me of some of Ryker back in the day. So I pulled out his scrapbook that I made of his first year and was blown away how much Fynnick resembled Ryker. I made a carbon copy of him. It's going to be interesting to watch him grow into his own person.

So I mentioned in the last post that I was able to go back and forth from work to feed Fynn for the first 2 weeks back. But on the 3rd week back is when I stayed all day long. He took a bottle just perfectly. It was the start of regular routine that we would be settling into. The first time I had to take them to my mom's I was surprised how much work and time it took to get everything all ready to walk out the door. But with some practice and prepping the night before the mornings are becoming more smooth.

The first day that I worked all day it was the longest I had been away from him. So when I got home I was so happy to snuggle and get my baby fix for the day. It was hard to leave him for that long, but it wasn't as bad because I was able to transition into it with the first 2 weeks of back and forth.
 Starting October off right (10/10) I was invited to my friend (Candice)'s son's birthday party held at the Pumpkin Patch. It was perfect for us to pick up some pumpkins for our front porch. Matter of fact, the boys got their own wheel barrow and picked out the pumpkins without my help. I was talking with Candice and before I know it, the boys came back with a pumpkin picked out for each of our family members.

 (10/16) UEA weekend. No school for the boys. Jesse didn't have to work and I didn't have to work until 11:00ish. So we got to enjoy a Friday morning really low key. I fed Fynn in my bed and one by one the older boys came into our bed to say good morning to us. As Ryker and Cy were playing with Fynn it dawned on me that I didn't have a picture of all 3 of them together. Fynn kinda steels the lime light in this picture, but I just love seeing those 3 smiles side by side.

 Sunday (10/18) at the Smith's. We ate dinner and celebrated Jesse's birthday (post to come). But every time we get together we always like to compare Fynn and Evie together. Even though Fynn is 3 weeks younger he really seems so much bigger. It's going to be fun watching these two cousins grow up together.

 The next morning (10/19) was my first day back to the gym. 6 1/2 weeks postpartum and it was time. I was nervous but anxious to begin my journey towards pre-baby body. I was grateful that Candice was there to help me modify for my first day back. And Sheesh with half the reps and half the amount of time required for the workout, I felt like I hadn't exercised a day in my life. But after going for 2 weeks now I have noticed that its coming back. Even though I am eager to be pre-baby skinny I need to be patient with myself.  Easier said than done right?
 I took this picture on a Friday night (10/23) after I put the older boys in bed. Jesse was working and I was left to myself to snuggle this babe. I have said this so many times that I am going to sound like a broken record, but I just can't get enough of the way he smells. What is it about them that I just love smelling him?



 Looking through my pictures and what to post, everything seems to be on the weekends. Kinda shows that we are in survival mode during the week. Its all we can do to get through the week. Especially since Jesse has started up a class that goes through the end of the year. Classes are Tuesday and Thursday nights 6:00pm-10:00pm and then Saturdays from 9:00am-6:00pm. If his shift happens to land on class time, they let him leave for class and then they cover him. Which is nice because he gets paid to go to class. But on the weeks where he doesn't have shifts on class days, it makes for a crazy week. Like 2 weeks ago he had 24 hour shifts M,W,F,Sun and then class T,Thu, Sat. So we pretty much never saw him that week.

Thankfully it only goes for a short period. We can do it.


No comments: