Sunday, November 1, 2015

35 Looks Good on You

With Jesse's busier work and school schedule it made it hard to get my family and his family together on the same day to celebrate his birthday. So because of that he ended up with a BirthWeek instead of a Birthday celebration. Which is great because he deserves it.
 
Sunday Oct 18 was the day that we celebrated with the Smith's. Heidi made Jesse a special birthday dinner that he requested. And bought pumpkin pie (Jesse's favorite) for dessert.

 This year we all went in on a SunOS speaker that he wanted. Eventually he wants to add to it and make it into a surround sound system. But for now he gets one. It has great sound to it.
 Ok on the day of his birthday I had some plans up my sleeve for him that he was very unaware of. I was so excited about it. Let me tell you.

So weeks before his birthday I contacted his close friends and invited them to meet us at Mikado for dinner. But it was suppose to be a surprise. I had just about everybody's contact info in my phone so it was easy to get ahold of them without Jesse knowing about it. Except one person, Erick Larsen. Jesse went fire academy with him and they became really close. So I thought to look on fb but I couldn't find him (only to find out later it was because I was spelling his name wrong). So I had to be all sneaky and get into Jesse's phone without him knowing. Thing is he has a code on there so I had to time it just right so it wouldn't be locked. It took a few days but I finally was able to get Erick's number and thankfully he could come.

The day of his birthday (Mon 10/26) I told him that I wanted to take him to a matinee movie of "The Martian" (which btw was really good). I made arrangements with my mom to pick up Cy from preschool and hang out with him until we were done. We took Fynnick with us and he did great for his first movie.

After the movie we went and picked up Ryker from school then swung by my parents town home (they are renting until their new home in Layton is done being built) to pick up Cy. We hung out for a little bit and talked with Chan, my mom and her Visiting Teacher (Sissy Izatt). When we were about to leave I asked Chan if she was working that night. She said no. So I asked her if she'd watch the boys around 6pm that night so I could take Jesse to dinner. She said of course.

Well I knew she would say yes and I knew she wasn't working because a few weeks before that I had asked her to watch the boys and I told her my plans to surprise Jesse. But I wanted to throw Jesse off by thinking that I was planning his birthday dinner at the last minute. And Chan was in on it. Sneaky huh? I was so proud of myself. Haha. I'm not usually good at this sort of thing.

Chan arrived around 6pm at our house and we headed to Mikado. Oh that's the other thing, I asked Jesse earlier that day where he wanted to go to dinner (knowing that he'd pick Mikado) because I didn't want to tell him that I made dinner reservations there. I had to keep him from not picking up on any clues that other people were going to be there.

On the way to the restaurant I had text the group that we were on the way. They all replied that they were there waiting for us. Haha. Oh I was giddy inside waiting for this surprise to unfold.

When we walked into the restaurant everyone was in the Tatami Rooms. When the waiter was seating us he asked if we wanted a booth or a table. Still at this point Jesse has no idea and I didn't know how to still make it work. So I asked the hostess if we could be seated in a Tatami room. But he said they were full. So at that point I just had to say that they were for us. So then Jesse was confused but quickly caught on when he saw two Tatami rooms full of his close friends.

Bam! I made that happen. And it was SO cool to see the excitement on his face.

We had such an enjoyable time. I loved watching Jesse interact with everyone and just be the life of the party making everyone laugh and feel loved. He's so good at that.

Starting on the left and going around the table: Jesse, Candice and Brent Bement, Dave Newman (Cassie had to stay home with the kiddos), Kellie and Steve Pugh, and myself. 
 Left to Right again: Tyler and Amber Seaman, Keya and Kris Jenkins, Erick and Tori Larsen, Marie and Mike Long (with their brand new baby girl).
Oh I was so glad everyone could come. It totally made the night so fun and special. Jesse has been working so hard on the master bedroom remodel that he hasn't had much time to really play this last summer. So even though 35 isn't one of those big birthdays to be celebrated I still really wanted to do something special for him. He deserves it!

To continue his BirthWeek we celebrated with my family on Friday Oct 30. I cooked homemade Turkey Chili with Maple Cornbread. Something about this time of year with Halloween I just want Chili.

After we all ate Jesse opened his gifts from everyone. He got lots of clothes. Yay!

 Then to continue with the party we carved pumpkins. I couldn't because I was feeding Fynnick. But I got to watch everyone else do it. Haha

The boys were really REALLY excited about it. They have been waiting all month long to do this. Ryker did his all by himself (with a little help from Grandma Teresa).



...but Cy needed some help from daddy. They carved a cute little Jack-O-Lantern face into Cy's pumpkin.
 Once he was all done he came over to show me his (daddy's) finished work. But then he took it back to the table to continue cutting. He was so focused on cutting this pumpkin up that eventually it turned into just pieces of pumpkin. Haha
 Before it became pieces of pumpkin it went from a Jack-O-Lantern to a "helmet" and then into scraps. Haha. He was so proud of himself.
From left to right: Top: Chantel, Cyrus (look closely to the pile of pumpkin pieces with a candle in the middle of it... So funny), Riker, Ryker, Jesse. Bottom: Mom and Dad.

Tyson and Jessica were suppose to be there but they were walking the track at the Red Center because she was having contractions. They were hoping it would continue into something more. But I guess they stopped and so they showed up to the party late. We were actually celebrating Tyson's birthday as well. So when he arrived he opened up his gifts too. I could tell Jessica was drained. She wants that baby to come so bad. The due date is tomorrow (11/2) and I still haven't heard anything yet from them.

Anyway, so that's Jesse's 35th Birthday Week celebrations. He's such a great guy. He's one of those guys that you want to be around and when he's not around his presence is surely missed. I'm a lucky girl to have him in my life.

Happy Birthday Jesse. Thank you for being born! We love having you around.

No comments: