Wednesday, November 4, 2015

2 Months Old!!!

Could this really be? My sweet newborn is no longer a newborn? Its kinda sad how quickly they grow out of that stage. In the whole scheme of life it feels like just a blink of an eye. I miss it already. I am loving seeing him grow and develop though. So its bitter sweet for me.
 

Yesterday I took Fynnick to his 2 month check up. I snapped this picture of him as we were sitting in the waiting room. Such a sweet boy. Its the best when he just gives you a big smile. His eyes light up and he just shines. It touches your heart and just fills you up with indescribable joy. Oh how I love him.
 
I love seeing the older boys get so excited over Fynnick's smiles. The other day as I was driving Ryker to school, he was sitting in the middle of Fynn and Cy. Ryker was talking to Fynn and I guess Fynn was smiling a lot because Ryker said to me "I'm happy I have this big talent that every time I say Hi, he smiles at me." Haha I thought that was the cutest.   
 
What's interesting to me is that Fynnick just takes and takes from us and we just love him SOOO much. He just sits there, occasionally smiling at us, but we all just have such a great love for him. It truly is divine love. Elder Holland gave a talk this last General Conference about this very thing. In it he referred to a letter that a young mother had written him. I found it so profound.
 
 “How is it that a human being can love a child so deeply that you willingly give up a major portion of your freedom for it? How can mortal love be so strong that you voluntarily subject yourself to responsibility, vulnerability, anxiety, and heartache and just keep coming back for more of the same? What kind of mortal love can make you feel, once you have a child, that your life is never, ever your own again? Maternal love has to be divine. There is no other explanation for it."
 
How true is that? Oh I just loved that. His whole talk was amazing but that one paragraph just resonated with me.

Anyway, I just have to say how much joy Baby Fynnick has been the last 2 months. What a little piece of heaven he truly is.


His 2 month stats are as follows;

Weight: 12lbs 11oz (74%0
Length: 24.5in (94%)
Head Circ:  16.2in (77%)

Things about him I want to remember at this age;
-sleeps through the night (9:00pm-7:00am)
-very happy and chill baby
-does make his wants and needs known.
-coos and talks a bunch
-I swear he's so close to laughing. (cam't wait for that)

No comments: